1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

wow amazing shine on your beales!!! :slayer:

2. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

I love it; these are an upgrade for my chestnut Red Wing GTs. The calf has some streakiness to it in the coloring that is excellent. These are 10.5s. The Trubalance really looks fantastic in PTB/Captoe/Brogue Cap design. The Indy seems clunky in comparison....

3. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Nice uncle #8 with my khaki suit... not sure if I'm liking the combination. [​IMG]

4. Waterloo 360T

Waterloo 360T Well-Known Member

I have the best office mate in the world.

Cigar LWB from AoC

[​IMG]

5. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

both are amazing, but cigar is the way to go. KOL.

6. Leighlon

Leighlon Well-Known Member

Very Nice Uncle, Love the Ravellos. All the wingtips lately on the forums are making me trigger happy.
    I have to ask since I'm only a newbie(bought my first pair last June) to Aldens, "How old is your oldest pair?"
    Every pair you have looks meticulously well cared for.
    I know I probably speak for the majority here when I say you inspire the rest of us to maintain our own Aldens.

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

#8 does look a tad too dark for the suit in this pic, but it may just be due to the lighting. I bet this looks much better out in natural sunlight.

8. BIG WONG

BIG WONG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Whiskey Chukkas. Will need to buff out a couple of those scratches.

9. gforce

gforce Senior member

Question..I received a pair of Cigar Chukkas today from the Madison Ave. store. I applied Alden rain defender (lightly) as recommended by the salesperson. When I buffed them out, the white cloth had what looked like black poiish on it. Is this normal? Does Alden apply black wax over the brown for their cigar cordovan? Also, one of the shoes is slightly darker than the other...is this common? Thanks for the help and advice!

10. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

1) It is probably just dark brown polish/dye. I don't think Alden would use black on a cigar cordovan.

2) It is not uncommon, but you normally don't see it with chukkas as much. Can you post pics?

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Thanks you for the reply! You may see me in store soon!

12. gforce

gforce Senior member

[​IMG]
    It's hard to tell in the photo, but the left boot is slightly darker......nothing drastic. The cloth sure looks like black to me.........It seems weird that they would recommend a product that removes polish (it's actually called Leather Defender) from a brand new shoe......

13. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

I can notice the difference just in this thumbnail image on my laptop screen - not something I would accept lightly in a +$600 shoe. Unfortunate =/

EDIT: Though you could probably even them out by simply placing the darker one outside under the sun.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  14. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

It probably wasn't the Leather Defender, there was likely wax on the shoe - I've applied Leather Defender to new cordovan shoes with no issue. Regarding the color, the left is slightly darker - you could attempt a return if it bothers you. Cigar chukkas are rare though, so you have to weigh if you want to wait for a new pair.

15. gforce

gforce Senior member

Thanks for the replies. Yeah........Cigar is a little harder to come by, and they'd probably have to special order................After a week of wear, it might not be noticeable (trying to convince myself)

16. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

No, if it's a problem call the Alden shop right away. See if you have the option to return or exchange.

17. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

Can anyone name me some stores in Chicago area what stock Alden?

18. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, thank you looking good in #8 nst past in the future on that combination

19. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

you certainly do both four legged and two legged

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  20. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you
    i have at least 6 pairs that are in the forty years range. aldens will last a life tine
    remember shells are addictive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.