1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Epaulet no size 7 [​IMG] ? i'd kop that whiskey one quick.

2. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

3. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

We kicked off the Alden 125th Anniversary Celebration by launching the Ravello Shell Cordovan "Hunting Boot" which sold out within a week.

[​IMG]

To continue the Alden 125th Anniversary Celebration, this month, we are launching the #8 Scotch Grain Shell Cordovan Long Wing.

[​IMG]

In addition to our regular Alden MTOs, stay tuned for more Alden 125th Anniversary MTOs in 2010.

Those hunting boots are nice! I would have picked those up in a heartbeat...

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Big thanks to everyone who ordered today! We'll have our hands full with shipping Longwings tomorrow!

Epaulet no size 7 [​IMG] ? i'd kop that whiskey one quick.

Sorry, we didn't have a 7D on the order, but I'll be putting in a reorder for early Spring '11 tomorrow. Drop me a PM if you're interested in a unit then (sorry it takes so long).

[​IMG]

Already sold out in 10 1/2?

Sorry about that - it was the first size to go. But I've got a few more tricks up my sleeve for later in the season [​IMG]

5. srivats

srivats Senior member

We kicked off the Alden 125th Anniversary Celebration by launching the Ravello Shell Cordovan "Hunting Boot" which sold out within a week.

[​IMG]

Beautiful ... I'd love to get those someday.

6. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

Tom, any updates on the opening date for the Beverly Hills store?

7. humeee

humeee Member

I think I've been seduced into splurging on my first pair of Aldens. But I'm a bit confused about how to figure out my size. I hear all this talk of different lasts and apparently for some lasts I need to size down from my ordinary size (10.5). But most websites don't list the last that of the shoe being sold. Ought I to just order a pair and see if they fit? What's the return etiquette on $500+ shoes? Considering that these shoes are obscenely expensive (I've never bought shoes over about $125 before), I'm a bit nervous about ordering them online.

Alternatively, I suppose I could attempt trying some on in person, but I don't know where they're sold near me (I live in Irvine, CA).

Any Alden groupies have recommendations?

8. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

9. cicero79

cicero79 Senior member

Been hunting around for any pictures of the Roy Boots. Do any of you own them, any opinions on them thus far? My size has been elusive for quite some time but I hear that they will do another issue soon. Be nice to get some feedback on it as I really dig the chrome leather and plain toe w/ an alternative to leather sole.

10. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

I think I've been seduced into splurging on my first pair of Aldens. But I'm a bit confused about how to figure out my size. I hear all this talk of different lasts and apparently for some lasts I need to size down from my ordinary size (10.5). But most websites don't list the last that of the shoe being sold. Ought I to just order a pair and see if they fit? What's the return etiquette on $500+ shoes? Considering that these shoes are obscenely expensive (I've never bought shoes over about $125 before), I'm a bit nervous about ordering them online.

Alternatively, I suppose I could attempt trying some on in person, but I don't know where they're sold near me (I live in Irvine, CA).

Any Alden groupies have recommendations?

Maybe go to a decent shoe store and get your foot measured on a brannock device to get your true size and width.

From there you can check - http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/fitting.htm for some ideas on how the different lasts will fit you.

Most of the Alden stockists mentioned in this thread would be more than willing to work with you on getting the right size.

11. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Maybe go to a decent shoe store and get your foot measured on a brannock device to get your true size and width.

From there you can check - http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/fitting.htm for some ideas on how the different lasts will fit you.

Most of the Alden stockists mentioned in this thread would be more than willing to work with you on getting the right size.

+1 Listen to Dexter_

12. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Okay, I've got an idea for a make-up and wanted to see what you all thought. Basically the Plaza wingtip boot in #8 with the following features:

1. Single leather oak sole
    2. Close heel welt
    3. Blind eyelets all the way up
    4.Pinking
    5. No punching in the leather. Like the Vass austerity brogue.

Opinions?

Alden doesn't have that pattern unfortunately. I love the austerity.

Tom, any updates on the opening date for the Beverly Hills store?

Looking to soft open first week of May.

13. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Trapp Senior member

Good pictures of the Roy Boot have proven to be impossible to find in the wild. They're like Bigfoot--the few pics that have emerged are grainy and nondescript. I'm still not convinced they exist.

Happy hunting.

Been hunting around for any pictures of the Roy Boots.

15. mikesduc

mikesduc Senior member

16. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

Good pictures of the Roy Boot have proven to be impossible to find in the wild. They're like Bigfoot--the few pics that have emerged are grainy and nondescript. I'm still not convinced they exist.

Happy hunting.

will throw up pics as soon as mine arrive. Been waiting for ages for the 2nd drop. If you check some of context's pics you can see a model wearing them with various pants.

17. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Hi Tom, why would they need a pattern ? Couldn't they just cut the pattern and then not do the hole punching? Not being contrary, just curious. Mike

I am truly saddened by this news BTW.

Their wingtip cutting patterns all have the pinking on them. Alden isn't set up like a smaller shoemaker who can easily change patterns.

18. mikesduc

mikesduc Senior member

Their wingtip cutting patterns all have the pinking on them. Alden isn't set up like a smaller shoemaker who can easily change patterns.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Any idea on the next run of the Plaza Wingtip?

19. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

I've seen the context models wearing them w/their Wings & Horns gear and they look nice. But the context site isn't 'the wild' and we're not getting the details and close-up's and, well, first person analysis that can be found for many other shoes on this site.

Looking forward to your pics when the boots arrive.

will throw up pics as soon as mine arrive. Been waiting for ages for the 2nd drop. If you check some of context's pics you can see a model wearing them with various pants.

20. winston

winston Senior member

[​IMG]

Breathtaking. I need a pair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.