• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cleaned my small Alden collection tonight. I'm still expecting Ravello Brixton to get in sooner or later.
15d5q1v.jpg

Nice collection. I especially like the suede ptb, whiskey ptb and the cigar longwing.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Leffot x Alden #8 Tanker Boots
IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

seer

Reaction score
Ok, I surrender! I have been resisting buying shell for a while now. I even have bad mouthed it a bit. So this AM I’m down at Shoe Mart looking to buy a shoe made of CXL. But they had this pair if irregular PTB in color #8 for $399 (besides one small scratch on the heel Chester and I could find nothing wrong). This was less than I planned on spending for the CXLs. I made the mistake of trying them on - I don’t know why I just fell in love with them. They really are a stunning shoe in person. I REPENT!

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok, I surrender! I have been resisting buying shell for a while now. I even have bad mouthed it a bit. So this AM I’m down at Shoe Mart looking to but a shoe made of CXL. But they had this pair if irregular PTB in color #8 for $399 (besides one small scratch on the heel Chester and I could find nothing wrong). This was less than I planned on spending for the CXLs. I made the mistake of trying them on - I don’t know why I just fell in love with them. They really are a stunning shoe in person. I REPENT!

Welcome to the family

CTYGGG

Reaction score

Ok, I surrender! I have been resisting buying shell for a while now. I even have bad mouthed it a bit. So this AM I’m down at Shoe Mart looking to but a shoe made of CXL. But they had this pair if irregular PTB in color #8 for $399 (besides one small scratch on the heel Chester and I could find nothing wrong). This was less than I planned on spending for the CXLs. I made the mistake of trying them on - I don’t know why I just fell in love with them. They really are a stunning shoe in person. I REPENT!

Nice purchase, looking great. Wear them in health.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

formz

Reaction score

How far are you from shoe mart?! I live about two miles away. Bad news. Lol

ThomSquared

Reaction score

Hey guys, quick question...
I am somewhat interested in some Alden's with a Hampton last and being that I have only ever owned a Barrie I wonder if I really need to size up at all for the Hampton if my Barrie's always fit me a little loose, keep in mind that the Hampton's I'm looking at would be worn with no socks most of the time or with thin socks at the most. Anybody think I can pull 10.5D Hampton if I'm a 10.5D Barrie in this instance?

Don't mean to be a pain *********** but I'd really like some insight from you guys on this...

CTYGGG

Reaction score

Thanks, I hope I care for them correctly!
Mac method & you'll be good to go. Betting that this will not be your last Alden shell purchase especially with TSM just down the road from you.

seer

Reaction score
Genuine question: Are loafers and longwings really considered less casual than shell chukkas? I personally feel like chukkas are relatively sleek compared to longwings and compared to most loafers (although I can see Aberdeen loafers beating them out, what I usually see guys wearing are like beefroll loafers with suits, which just looks out of place).

How times have changed. My father, his friends, and my uncles (all WW2 vets). Would never even consider wearing loafers - "slip ons" were for women!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads