• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HorseHide

Reaction score

Well my boot has the uneven outsole issue. Although it is very slightly uneven, but I notice it with every step.
I think I can't do anything about it and try my best to get used to it...

Like a modern day Princess and the Pea - except it's shoes and you ain't no Princess... :embar:

I blame Alden QC.

NotClever

Reaction score
Have a few shoe polish questions...
What color Saphir polishes should I purchase for the following:
Color 8
Burnished Tan Calfskin
Brown Chromexcel
Thx gents!

I just use Reno on my brown CXL, but if you want to add color I suppose there's nothing that can quite match it. I've used Mahogani saphir cream polish on my fiancee's brown boots and it's a nice rich reddish-brown which might complement the CXL color.

Saphir does make a line of polishes specifically for cordovan, although I've no experience with it. They have a "cordovan" color (which should be color 8).

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it seems I can use Mahogani on both Brown CXL and Color 8.

What about Burnished Tan? Should I use Tan or Light Brown?

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you could use either just depends on what you want to happen and what shade you prefer

Last edited:

Kwaker

Reaction score
I just doubled my Alden collection ... Officer's Indy and now the #8 975.
The 975s happen to be my first pair of shells ... I'm really impressed with this type of leather (colour and overall character).
As an aside, the only thing in common between the 975 and my Florshiem Kenwoods (India), is the mising perf.
Interestingly, my cognac scotch grain V-cleat LWB (USA) and Dack's LWB (Canada) do not have the same "defect".

LWB_f.jpg

LWB_a.jpg

Al in Philly

Reaction score
Have a few shoe polish questions...
What color Saphir polishes should I purchase for the following:
Color 8
Burnished Tan Calfskin
Brown Chromexcel
Thx gents!

I've seen people using Bordeaux on Color 8 before.

AldenLuver

Reaction score
Wow... you must have a ton of time on your hands to discover that. I'll have to inspect my collection of Alden LWB. I admire your resolve (if that's what one would call it). I wonder if this means that my 975's and 9751's were actually made in India? jk

I just doubled my Alden collection ... Officer's Indy and now the #8 975.
The 975s happen to be my first pair of shells ... I'm really impressed with this type of leather (colour and overall character).
As an aside, the only thing in common between the 975 and my Florshiem Kenwoods (India), is the mising perf.
Interestingly, my cognac scotch grain V-cleat LWB (USA) and Dack's LWB (Canada) do not have the same "defect".
LWB_f.jpg

LWB_a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics