• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredmull

Reaction score

Any opinions on the creasing on these? I'm looking to pick-up off the market.

Soliciting comments on these. Bueller.......Bueller. Was thinking the creasing looks a little off, but I'm a shell virgin. Would appreciate any sage advice.

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score

Soliciting comments on these. Bueller.......Bueller. Was thinking the creasing looks a little off, but I'm a shell virgin. Would appreciate any sage advice.

looks normal to me, but what about the mark on the front of the toe box??? Gonna need the magic deer bone...

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They look similar to other creased up chukkas. Some look worse than that and some look better. They probably weren't a superb fit for whoever broke them in. Who's to say if you bought a new pair that yours wouldn't look worse? If it bothers you then move on.

CEE88

Reaction score
Color 8 LHS (lined) versus Brooks Brothers color 8 (unlined) penny loafer.
My understanding is that the shoes are exactly the same (Alden's Van last, Horween cordovan, etc.) EXCEPT the BB version is unlined.
Assuming that's correct ... Which one would you recommend - lined or unlined?

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you certain it's the same last? Alden does make PTBs on a last called M58 and probably other lasts other than the Barrie.

The B/D has nothing to do with the specific last "title". It's the width ratio "B" being the heel and "D" being ball of your foot as many Alden lasts are 'combination' lasts. This is the info i was given a while back by Alden NY...
You could have a Trubalance, Plaza, Grant etc with B/D stamped on the lining.
there is also A/C and C/E etc, etc, :foo:
Further reading : http://www.styleforum.net/t/192201/shoe-geeks-what-is-a-combination-last

Fair - my Grant and Temont 10s say 10 B/D as well after checking. But the PTB i have looks like the barrie last - it just fits snugger in the toe box.

Profligate47

Reaction score

My understanding is that the shoes are exactly the same (Alden's Van last, Horween cordovan, etc.) EXCEPT the BB version is unlined.

They are both great, the unlined being lighter and more comfortable sockless and in warmer climes. I wear the lined in cooler months...

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Leffot x Nick Wooster... I wonder if these are Aldens.

Profligate47

Reaction score

Unlined below: Alden for BB Van last

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_lzcfbpfZIC1qdtc47o1_500.png

Another photo, I don't think they are Aldens

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah that makes sense. It seemed too forward to be Alden.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I can imagine the Adlen dudes heads asploding at the suggestion of camo leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads