***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. husbands

husbands Senior member

well Ed called me after I placed my order and said that the leather is creased on the upper part of the inner side of one of them, so he dropped the price to $200. He also said that there is no noticeable defect if my pants cover the top part, though. so I am excited to see them, and I hope the crease isn't too bad.

2. kippy

kippy Senior member

People's feet are shaped differently and some folks have unusually wide feet. What you call ungainly and blobby is a comfort to others. Rather than focus on what you hate, why not declare your affection for whatever last fits you well? I think the Barrie last is a good combination of comfort and looks, but most importantly, it works for my feet. As you yourself groused - it sells well and for good reason.

As for your hate for chukka's, good luck with that declaration.

3. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

The two Kudu Chukka owners (and potential ninja owners) please post some more picks so I can either jump on the Kudu Train or not

4. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

Just got my Alden chromexcel Indys today. Sized down from my typical 10.5 to a 10d. The width fits perfectly but I feel like I should've sized down further to a 9.5 because of the length. I feel like there's a little too much length in the toe box - the tip of my big toe is right about where the moc stitching on the upper lies so there's more than an inch of room lengthwise. I'm wondering how most people's size their Indys
    lengthwise.. Any insight is appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

5. advan031

advan031 Senior member

Got my Alden x Leffot LWB Color 8 and I have heel slip unless I tie it rather tight. Is this due to Barrie last or too big of a size? The widest part of my foot falls right in place with the widest part of the shoe.

[​IMG]

6. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

^ Sounds like a Barrie last issue. The Barrie last's heel is much more roomy than other lasts such as the Grant. It sounds like you have the right size based on your foot placement. however, I have heard of some people go down a width in the Barrie to compensate for the heel.

7. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

I went here and asked them for a neutral leather cream. Been using ever since I bought my 403's http://www.nickscustomboots.com/

8. advan031

advan031 Senior member

Well crap...I gotta sleep on these...they are beautiful though!

Alden should make more shoes in Grant last...my feet feels like they're in heaven in grant :D

9. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

[​IMG]

Got my first pair of Alden's today from johnnyrich7. Alden x Leffot LWB's.
    Great guy and guided me down the right path. These fit perfect! I'm going to go buy a new brush for them and some venetian cream.

10. advan031

advan031 Senior member

How's the fit? any heel slip...how tight do you have to tie it?

11. cloudshift

cloudshift Senior member

Great looking shoe.

12. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

I sized down 1/2 size from normal and my toe is in the same spot. Are you wearing boot socks? Get a pair of thick boot socks, but not those really thick ragg sox. The heel will feel nice and snug with plenty of toe room. I like it.

13. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

If they are still new, keep in mind the soles remain a bit stiff at first. Once they break in, heel slippage should diminish a pretty good amount.

14. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

No heel slip, whatsoever! I barely have to tie it tighter than regular. Eerily nice fit on my feet, which I am very happy about.

Do you guys have any tips on how often I should use the Mac method to clean? And what step do I apply the venetian cream? At the end right? Thanks for dealing with newbie questions!

15. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Those are great shoes.

I noticed you are the lacing pattern on your left shoe is different than your right shoe. Is that intentional?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.