***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

some would tell you to baby them and that they are not for any of those conditions, but i'd say that is exactly when i'd wear them.

2. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Does Alden DC have any way of checking their stock online? Like Alden San Fran or Alden NY?

3. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior member

Well...I ended up finally closing the deal on the LS Vanguards in B&S...and they are great. Best Barrie looking and fitting boots/shoes I have. First set of Alden boots and now I need more. Anyone have any size 8 Barrie (or other lasts that fit similar).:D

[​IMG]

4. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

They are nice, I have been enjoying wearing mine about twice a week since I got them.

5. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

Imagine this boot (The Vanguard by LS) in a cigar shell version.......I'd be all over that

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  6. nstar2442

nstar2442 Member

Does anyone have the plain toe indy boots in natural chrome excel?

If so can you post some pictures of them, maybe even on foot with some denim?

I'm having a hard time finding pics of what the look like other than on the shoemart website.

7. newbiealden

newbiealden Senior member

Kyle @ rancourt is definitly great. Simple email/phone transaction despite some minor customization on my part.

(If only Alden could customize on the fly - mmm actually why doesn't Alden make a NikeID type store online?! - i'm sure folks would be willing to pay a bit of a premium to customize!)

Kyle - said i should have the shoes in about 10 days - will post pics when they arrive.

Chukka/Moccasin with Horween Black Chromexcel on natural/antique edge sole - i can't wait.

8. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Senior member

On casual Friday's (not to mention don't feel like dressing up Wednesday's or any other day), I will often wear Khakis with a pair of black shoes or even boots. That said, I would opt for the black cap toe instead. I think the AE website allows you to "try on" different pairs of boots/shoes with slacks and jeans, which may help visualize how different combinations would look. Good luck!

Andrew

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

NAMOR, that captoe #8 w/ commando you posted a link to is absolutely gorgeous. Is that the very pair you picked up?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  10. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Senior member

No, but the people there are super friendly, and will take the time to work with you on the phone. Also, they seem to have direct access to the SF inventory, but have to call the factory for their inventory.

11. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

New J.Crew snuff suede lwb that were on back order since early December. Luckily got them for 30% off. While the J.Crew site shows them with double leather soles, these are with the double oiled soles which I wanted. Unfortunately didn't ship with box or bags and there were some minor cosmetic issues. They are darker in real life and will hide them in the closet while I decide whether to keep them. Can't let the wife know I just got a second pair of shoes in the past week :)

[​IMG]

12. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

It seems that they used to allow one offs, and no longer do. Based on that and their year long lead time on new batches, I'd guess they're at maximum production capacity and they don't find it worth their time to do one offs right now.

13. cheesecake

cheesecake Active Member

When I got mine in January, it was boxed inside a J.Crew box. However, mine did include the shoebags.

14. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Of course not. Could that be any more casual?

15. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Isn't the Day Tripper essentially that boot, but in ravello? But I agree!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.