1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Almost wore mine too today, sir. Instead: Whiskey PTB >[​IMG]

2. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

really?! I didn't realize that Moulded Shoe carries the actual Alden Commando sole - actually, I would prefer that to the full Commando sole (more aesthetically pleasing) - the boots came in (they are perfect), I'll give Moulded Shoe a call in the a.m. - thanks for the heads up!
    :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  3. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

How do you like them? I have an order in with Moulded Shoes for these, supposed to arrive sometime this winter -

4. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

these look amazing

5. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

Anyone have any thoughts on the Alden Milkshake Indy boot? Thinking of getting a pair, but worried about keeping the suede clean, seems like I'd be walking on eggshells all day in these things...anyone have a pair or have an opinion? I could probably get lots of wear out of them since I live in Los Angeles. Thanks :)

6. chantheman

chantheman Senior member

please tell me this includes the remaining sizes of the wingtip boot. sadly a 9D was not in the first batch that came in a couple months back

7. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Thanks. Every time I wear them I always tell myself I should wear them more often

8. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

It will be hard not to love them if you get the sizing correct. Modified last is the most comfortable last Alden uses.

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Part of the beauty of these, in my mind, is beating them up and getting them scuffed a bit. I have a couple of white suede shoes, the ones that look the best are the ones that got the hell beat out of them...though for some reason i bust my butt to keep the pristine ones pristine. I think once you get that first big *ding* you let em go, and you'll be happy.

10. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

We should put this on the MTO thread . . .

No regrets here. You'll be fine if you keep up on the brushing.

11. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Moulded Shoe has a tumblr blog, here ya go…

http://mouldedshoe.tumblr.com/

A few examples of the commando sole…

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m02cquMn9a1r3x0lmo1_1280.jpg
    That's a conversion from double leather to a commando on a cigar PTB.

Another example of a conversion…
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3x0v8rl4P1r3x0lmo1_1280.jpg

Hope this helps.

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, good shine on your whiskey

13. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

[​IMG]

Please excuse the terrible photography, lol.

14. kaws N effect

kaws N effect Senior member

Looking to purchase my first Aldens, preferably lace up causal/dress shoes. Anyone can link me a site that sells them? Any discount codes? What would you say a good quality one priced at? 300? 400?

15. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

Great advice guys....Epaulet had some stock in my size only (9.5D) so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I think that's 10 pairs of Aldens in 2 months since I started the habit, no joke. I need to take a break, as I still have 3-4 pairs of shoes that I have yet to wear. Maiden voyage shots and gratuitous family picture to come very soon :)

Loving this thread btw, it's a great respite from Facebook....plus, my FB friends would rapidly unsubscribe if I started posting Alden pics.

16. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Looking sharp!

17. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Congratulations! Wear them in good health. Post photos early and often.

18. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Google is your friend. Retail will be 400-500 for calf, 600-725+ for shell cordovan. Aldens are very seldom discounted, but it does happen from time to time (best to watch this thread). Also, The Shoe Mart (Alden retailer) sell seconds at a discount.

19. Edgein

Edgein Senior member

K N E, As you might have learned from following this thread, Aldens are a relatively healthy addiction, if there is such a thing. Your price range puts you out of new shell and into gently used territory. From my albeit brief experience, you may find some really nice shoes if you are patient and not looking for the rare colors of shell. The first thing I would recommend would be to determine your size in the various lasts available, certainly the more common of course. Hopefully there is an shop carrying Alden in your area which makes that process easier. You may want to purchase your first pair from them as well. After sizing, you may find a store that is leaving Alden, such as Tom Austin in New York, where they have Aldens at or near 50% off. This is unusual, but not uncommon. My 2¢. Good hunting!

20. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Is that the ravello nst Aberdeen? Could you please repeat that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.