***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

What colors match best with shell cordovan #8

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

leather soul just restocked their LS x SF Boot Alden SF Boot [​IMG] now comes in #8 and black shell

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

Actually trying to decide right now wether to go sf plaza boot or plaza wing tip boot

Decisions decsions

Kinda leaning towards sf boot but I know that the wing tip boot will be a must kop at some point

4. iansir

iansir Well-Known Member

Second new pair of Aldens this week, I am developing a serious problem... I couldn't turn these down though, they are ridiculously comfortable: From J Gilbert in Seattle "Cognac Wing Tip", soft calfskin uppers, single oiled leather sole, plaza last.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

Those are beautiful

Plaza and Hampton last are so dreamy

6. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Second new pair of Aldens this week, I am developing a serious problem... I couldn't turn these down though, they are ridiculously comfortable: From J Gilbert in Seattle "Cognac Wing Tip", soft calfskin uppers, single oiled leather sole, plaza last.
    [​IMG]

Very nice, I doubt I could have turned those down either.. I love that color..

7. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

edit never mind just looked up lol.

8. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i'm trying to decide whether i should get a pair of aldens in plaza last from leathersoul or the roy boot. i'm leaning more towards a pair from leathersoul though right now.

9. iansir

iansir Well-Known Member

Glad you guys approve [​IMG] I really can't explain how comfortable the single leather flexible sole / soft calfskin combo is. By far the most comfortable leather shoes I've ever worn, it almost feels like wearing slippers....I can't wait until they are broken in!

10. randomkoreandude

i had the roy boot and it was sweet ... definitely a very durable boot that will last but i found it kind of plain and too many other boots just look the exact same at a much cheaper price

plus i have not gotten on the cordovan train and cant get off of it. im waiting for my LS 5th annys in #8 and the SF boot in black [​IMG]

11. Seafinch

Seafinch Senior member

but i found it kind of plain and too many other boots just look the exact same at a much cheaper price

Can you tell me what other boots you're talking about? I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the Roys and I'm curious what other similar boots you've found for cheaper. Thanks.

12. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

Can you tell me what other boots you're talking about? I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the Roys and I'm curious what other similar boots you've found for cheaper. Thanks.

They're kinda like red wings, wolverine or whatever... of course there are subtle differences but the general style is very alike.

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Here's a pic of my stock 405's in the Presidio - I've been wearing them every day in San Francisco's crazy rainstorms of late.

[​IMG]

14. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

They're kinda like red wings, wolverine or whatever... of course there are subtle differences but the general style is very alike.

One of the things the Roy's have that these others don't is the chromexcel leather. The only other boot out there (that I know of, at least) whose styling I like in this leather is the new chromexcel indy. If you already have an indy or two in rotation, but want a great looking and great wearing boot in the pull-up leather, the Roy is one way to go.

15. randomkoreandude

Here's a pic of my stock 405's in the Presidio - I've been wearing them every day in San Francisco's crazy rainstorms of late.

[​IMG]

those look great ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.