***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. localman

localman Senior member

Starting an 'Adventures of Alden' series..

Indy's exiting the elevator:
    [​IMG]

2. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

My apologies in advance for the noobish sizing question, but here goes. I have a pair of calf oxfords on the Hampton last, size 10.5D, that fit well except that my left pinky toe is slighly pinched (although not enough to really bug me). 10D in Barrie and Trubalance fit me perfectly. Would I go 10.5D on Leydon? How does the overall fit compare between Leydon and Hampton?

3. Virchow

Virchow Well-Known Member

May as well tack on my sizing question as well. If I am an 11.5 EEE in the Trubalance Last (with slight pinky toe pinching), what should I try on the Plaza or Leydon last? I'm eager to get in on one of the Epaulet pre-orders but I'm worried about how the sleeker lasts will fit my somewhat bulbous feet.

Also, is there anywhere that stocks a EEE cordovan chukka? I've been striking out so far.

4. Renton

Renton Senior member

The Plaza last does not go wider than an e width, but I'm interested in the Leydon last widths as well.

I've found that Alden of NY and The Shoemart tend to have the best selection of extra wide cordovan models.

5. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Chance favors the prepared mind. ;)

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Cigar Shell LWBs showed up in the mail today. Gorgeous. I'm in love. Pics tomorrow as I take them for a test drive around campus.

7. cloudshift

cloudshift Senior member

^ Did you get them from The Shoe Mart?

8. El Argentino

In a roundabout way. herrmj got them from there, and then I from him.

9. cloudshift

cloudshift Senior member

Trying to decide between Color 8 and Cigar LWB right now. :)

I see some Cigars and they look amazing... then I see some Color 8 and they just look... amazing! ;)

10. El Argentino

I love #8. I have shortwings in that color and so the cigar was the next choice. Now (unsurprisingly) it'll be time for ravello or whisky.

Leffots #8 LWB look superb. I'd check it out.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  11. Atcmg8803

Atcmg8803 Member

Sorry you missed out on the LWBs. That sucks. I think we have to get over this thing about saving on shipping. If we decide we want something we need to take action. I think of it this way - shipping is the price of doing business. In the end think of it like this - what is your time worth and how long are you going to keep your aldens - i will have mine for a long ass time - push the "submit order" button and revel in the excitement!

12. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

That's really cool of Mike to do. I'd be interested if they were on the Grant though. I have a pair of the Cigar Captoe boots with Commando sole on the Grant last, and love the fit and versatility. Don't really like the Leydon's fit very much.

But nice makeup, no doubt.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  13. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

This has happened to me a bunch of times. I just tell myself 'oh well, it wasn't meant to be'.

I've also taken to keeping a list of the Aldens I know I want. That way, I can jump on it when it ever becomes available, because it's on my list. IMO, it doesn't work to think you are sort of interested in a particular model without being totally sure and ready to pull the trigger.

It's also satisfying to cross ones off your list when you get them.

14. onestar

onestar Well-Known Member

I too have a Cigar Captoe Boot in the Grant last. I assume I would take the same size in the Leydon if I was to order it? What is it about the Leydon last that doesn't appeal to you? (I do think the Grant fits my foot well by the way).

15. Dbc0919

Dbc0919 Senior member

Thanks to mxgreen my disappointment was short lived. As he said, they had my size and I jumped without giving myself opportunity to reconsider. Saved tax and free shipping. Of course, confirmation email indicates there is a possibility it's not in stock but it went through. Thank you to mxgreen. Thank you to those who talked me into it and those who shamed me into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.