***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furo

furo Senior member

Anyone have some wear pics from Alden shell cordovan Indys (no.8 color), ... looking to see how they turn out after a couple years of regular wear

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

hmm... i just called the alden shop sf to ask if they had any sizing advice for the grant last. they recommended same size as barrie, (thus size down 1/2 from brannock). then i called the shoe mart and they recommended to go true to size unless you have a narrow foot. pretty much what i've been reading here, some tts some size down.

decisions, decisions

3. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Where can one get a #4 Indy?

4. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Just one data point. My worst fitting pair of shell Aldens was purchased from Alden SF by going with their sizing advice.

5. Thor

Thor Senior member

Pretty sure its the Barrie last- B/D means Barrie last D width I believe...and yet, never heard of an Indy on the Barrie...??

6. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

7. Towncar

Towncar Member

[​IMG]

AF88s arrived from AoC this morning. LOVE the commando sole. I'm almost dismayed with the idea of single/double leather now. Like the grip - much grippier than my AWWs - and I can see why AoC has this sole on so many shoes.

8. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

I think there had been some discussion of Dainite soles on Aldens. In that vein:

[​IMG][​IMG]

New cigar PTBs. Dainite soles courtesy of B. Nelson. I think they look pretty good. The edge trim might now be lighter; perhaps they sanded it down a bit. It will probably darken a little with wear.

9. REguy

REguy Senior member

Just as a buyer beware thing, I grabbed a couple pairs of monks from the San Fran shop at $325 each. However, the black pair's buckles are terribly tarnished (the picture makes them look better than IRL). When I called to see if I could get a replacement pair they said EVERY pair was like this and there was nothing they could do other than take them back. They also said Alden wouldn't send out replacement buckles. I'm willing to live with it for that price because they're casual shoes for me, but it's still highly disappointing. This horse has been beat to death, but their quality control and customer service is absolute ass.

[​IMG]

10. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Did you not see the buckle before deciding to buy? If it was a mail order, it sounds like they were willing to take the shoes back so can't really blame them if Alden supplied them with the shoes that way. Really, it sounds like they were willing to do the right thing.

11. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

How long did it take and how was it working with B Nelson? Did you send them in or go in in person? I'm considering using them but am frankly a little bit nervous to send in shoes since I'm on the other side of the country although I hear they do good work. Do people recommend them without reservation?

12. advan031

advan031 Senior member

[​IMG]

good day for Color 8 indeed.

13. REguy

REguy Senior member

They only were selling these online, so they were sight-unseen. I'm not arguing the point that they weren't willing to do the right thing and take them back. I appreciated the effort. However, why would you even let these go out of the factory in the first place? All I want to do is forewarn others who think they're getting a perfect pair of shoes when what they're going to get are rusty buckles.

14. TheloniusDrunk

TheloniusDrunk Senior member

What boots are those, and where did you get them? They are beautiful.

15. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Stop feeding Alden addiction plz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.