1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AML225

AML225 Senior member

I'd keep them! I plan on keeping my dark ravello LWBs, my cigar LWBs should be here in a few weeks, and I fully plan to find a pair of lighter/redder ravello and whiskey.

2. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Not redundant at all. But I am in the process of getting all the shell LWB colors (#8 left to buy and Whiskey on pre-order). :)

3. keithp3521

keithp3521 Senior member

I need to take a photo of the bottom of my foot and compare it to these lasts. Both the trubalance and the modified lasts look they weren't designed for human beings. Look at that curve at the ball of the foot. I mean, seriously. What human foot looks like that?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  4. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Thanks!

5. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Senior member

Every time I see the modified last that is the first thing I think of. Though I consistently hear that it is easily the most comfortable last to wear.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Try them on, both are super comfy

7. triumphman

triumphman Senior member

Just got my jumpers in today!

8. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

I've read the same exact thing; lots of strong (to say the least) opinions either way about the Modified in particular. So, curiosity got the better of me and I took the plunge on these Natty SWB makeups from Moulded (sorry for the shitty iPhone 4 pics and no, I don't roll my jeans like that..they're work/yard jeans rolled up to show the whole shoe.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was skeptical right up until I stood up after lacing them. "No way these will fit correctly," I told myself, "Look at that bizarre sole profile."

And then...

Holy hell they are comfortable - much more so than Barrie (which fits fine, but not like these). I don't find them too wide or constricting in the midfoot and I am pretty much a textbook 9 medium on the Brannock with average arches (these are accordingly size 8.5D). Yeah, the toebox is a bit bulbous, but there is something oddly sleek about them. I can't really define how.

Like stevent said, try them on. You might be surprised. I certainly was.

9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

three to four business days

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    enjoy wearing your cigar wt boot

11. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

enjoy wearing

12. calidist

calidist Senior member

Does your pair have a dove-tail heel like in the photos on LS's website? I got mine today and they've got an all rubber heel similar to the 403 and 405 Indys. Also, any finishing issues on your pair? Mine have a couple of minor, but annoying, issues.

13. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I thought the modified last was very comfortable, but I love barrie and trubalance too.

14. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    whiskey lwb
    argyles otc
    [​IMG]

15. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Gents, not sure if this is allowed, but since I'm not selling I will go ahead and put it out there (will delete if people object).

I'm looking to buy shell PTBs. I'm an 8E on the Barrie. See my WTB ad here..

Thanks.

16. triumphman

triumphman Senior member

Yes mine does have the dove tails. In regards to the leather imperfections, yes they are there but I couldn't care less as it is so minor and eventually gonna get scratches regardless.

Sending them to the cobbler to put some commando soles. Wish it came with them...

17. sazon

sazon Senior member

Uncle Mac - gorgeous shade of whiskey on those LWBs. Wear in good health.

18. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Looks like Mac has a few new whiskey pairs. Enjoy wearing

Yes, my ravellos are that light in natural light - I will try to snap another photo tomorrow am

19. calidist

calidist Senior member

That is really strange about the heels. I wonder why mine are different. C'est la vie.

20. trig

trig Senior member

used ptb whiskeys i picked up off b&s arrived today. gonna have to clean these up a bit and work on the shine to get that uncle mac mirror.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.