1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cthip

cthip Senior member

Hey guys,

Just a quick note - after long last we just received a box of the Indy 403's (Chromexel). Sizes 8.5D through 12D, available now. Plus, our usual huge-ass studio pics!

[​IMG]
    403 Indy Boot Chromexel: $395

for a second i got really excited and thought you were gonna tell us the officer indy restock came early. . . .

2. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Adam at AoC said they wouldn't be getting any more AF79 until October, but at the time I was asking after my size, so perhaps he just meant more in 10D.

Either way, these 9.5Es are slightly tight around the vamp/tongue area at the moment, but I'm told this is common with the Leydon last.

It's already softening up and stretching out nicely.

It is not uncommon for people to be on a wait list for a certain size. 10D is a popular size. [​IMG]

3. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

OK, More Alden. brand new Cigar side bye side with brand new Ravello. I am waiting for a pair of brown calf longwings from Tom before I wear the cigar. I have been wearing my Darlton's until then:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I picked the Ravello up this week from the DC Alden store. I traded in this pair of Whiskey for them which I had never even tried on once I got them home. They had another order of these in the store as well so if someone wants the Whiskey or Ravello just call them. My pics of the Whiskey do not do them justice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

^^ very nice, that bottom picture is.. [​IMG]

5. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

^^ very nice, that bottom picture is.. [​IMG]
    HEH! Those are the Whiskey I traded in for the Ravello. The DC Alden store has the Whiskey Wingtips in stock in several sizes. [​IMG]

6. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Great looking shoes Ahab. Any chance of fit pics?

7. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Great looking shoes Ahab. Any chance of fit pics?
    As soon as I get some decent weather bro! [​IMG]

8. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

9. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

damn Ahab, choosing between cigar and ravello is almost an impossible task. I can see why you had to have BOTH!

10. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Keep the ravello longwings for sure. I love my ravello wingtips more and more every time I wear them. They are just light enough to be unique but not too light to be worn daily.

11. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

do people think whiskey is too light for everyday wear?

I think they are great with jeans...but with charcoal pants, is it...close?

12. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i also want a pair of the longwings in ravello ahab how much did the cost and whats the number to that alden store in dc? thanks in advance.

13. jet

jet Senior member

So jealous ahab.

14. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

I know these aren't really SW&D, but I got 'em yesterday and man oh man am I in love. First pair of shells.

[​IMG]

15. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

It's rare and wonderful to cigar, whisky, and ravello brogues all happily cohabitating in a single collection.

If pressed to make a choice between the cigar and ravello, I would go with cigar. They look so much more interesting against that contrast sole than the ravello shoes look. The lighter soles on cigar shoes just round out the look--esp. once the soles start getting a bit marred and beat up and leathery looking (I feel this way about the indy's too). It shows the beautiful shell off to much better effect than the soles on the ravello.

I usually don't care for whisky but these look really great in that configuration.

16. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

i also want a pair of the longwings in ravello ahab how much did the cost and whats the number to that alden store in dc? thanks in advance.
    Here is the number from the card: (202) 347-2308 They set me back around $635. I traded in a pair of shoes so I am not sure how much, if at all, that affected price plus I picked up the white suede saddle shoes and some other stuffs. Here are some fit pics from today. Alden Cigar Plain Toe Bluchers, Barrie Last. The more I wear these shoes the more I love them. Jeans are SEXDBXS09 from Self Edge. They are awesome jeans but the rise is low and takes getting used to and I may have them hemmed a little long for SF tastes. I am still trying to get comfortable with shorter pants. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

18. iansir

iansir Well-Known Member

Very glad to see Epaulet got in the chromexcel indys....placed my order this morning [​IMG]. Too tired of waiting for NRO to get their act together!

19. dux

dux Well-Known Member

what's a good place to buy Alden's online with international shipping as well... any suggestions??
    I'm a size 8.5D. thanks in advance!

20. jet

jet Senior member

ahab jean lenght is perfect don't mess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.