***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

barrie last

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

good looking boots, enjoy wearing

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    good looking boots with argyles

4. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nick at bnelson does excellent work

5. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

I neec want a pair of these… stunning with denim.

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

even better with wool trousers, cords or khakis

7. Atcmg8803

Atcmg8803 Member

-- Ugh. You are right. Plenty. I have been battling with what to get next after my first pair of shells - LWB Color 8. Been looking and looking at the color 8 captoe boots which seem fairly easy to get...but like the color 8 and black wingtip boots - also available...
    -- Where do we get the captoe with the brogueing (sp?) like you have? - can remember the name of your boot?
    -- Coveting the indy 403 and was at NEED SUPPLY CO in Richmond today - Nice store! - and saw the Wolverine 1000 mile boot in some diff colors - way tooooo many boots and too little time and wife approval.
    -- You have a great set of shoes - someone posted some cigar lwb earlier today - really looked great!
    -- Thanks for sharing.

8. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

I'll just second...sure!

once you acquire your second pair, you've gone down the point of no return. it will be a couple months max before you start longing for cigar...or ravello...and loafers and bluchers and then you are the old lady with cats

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

Hah, maybe once these are all well worn and getting resoled, I'll pick up some whiskey to keep me company.

Thanks, Mac. Will do.

I got the captoe boots from J Crew. My only wish is that they didn't have speed laces, but no big deal. The brogueing and Barrie last looks so good with jeans. In all honesty, I just boxed them up for an exchange. They came without the Alden box or dust bags, there were some weird wrinkles in the shell, it looked like someone had tried them on (slight creasing already), and some of the speed laces looked a little loose. So, I figured I should have some boots I'm happy with if I am going to spend that much. They're already sending another pair to me.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012

10. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

I spoke with Bryan today - he said they are coming but wouldn't commit as to when - all he would say was that the pre-order was last summer, and that Alden was taking about a year to deliver -
    They are beautiful boots, IMHO; can't wait to get them -

11. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

yeah I never have luck with getting them in that size unless preordered. sucks!

12. advan031

advan031 Senior member

I want a LWB in Color 8 by Leffot with antique trim:) If anybody is selling them in 10D.

13. onestar

onestar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My Cigar Chukkas after a handful of wears. Starting to need the Mac Method. I really love the depth of colour that cigar offers. I ended up with 3 Aldens in cigar.

14. Atcmg8803

Atcmg8803 Member

First, I have seen the way you dress and i think you are spot on. I was young something stationoned in Panama a long time ago and I asked my supervisor, "How do you know how to cook?" He said I know what tastes I like so I cook with those spices."
    I think that is how I dress...I have LWB on Barrie (redundant?) and several pairs of Japanese selvage. I love the way the Barrie fits my foot and the heaviness of denim from Japan - my second homeland. I am from Seattle and love Filson so I try to incorporate an element of Filson in my outfits whenever possible because I am outdoorsman wanna be cowboy stuck in the city and loving it and driving an F250 to and from work - because - i just like it. Can't park it in NYC but that's why I stay in Stanton Island and take the free ferry - reminds me of Seattle - it just works.
    --- To answer your question, I wear my Aldens with denim and chinos for now in my free time. I buy Aldens (966 and LWB) that I hope to wear with suits or business casual someday soon when I start my new career - plan early, prepare properly and when in doubt, buy Alden.
    ---way past 1030 and toddler is still awake after a long day of traveling. Great day.

15. ibitegirls

ibitegirls Well-Known Member

hello friends, this is pair of burgundy wax indy's from TRES BIEN SHOP

i think i scored a good deal as you can see. these are my first boots and I love them so far. Only complaint is that the tongue on the left shoe slides sometimes if the laces are too tight, but this can be solved by not having the laces super tight. by far the best boots i've ever purchased, and i get looks from just about everyone [​IMG]

Alden - Indy Boot Burgundy Waxed Leather
    Size: US 9,5
    ald-fw11-0035
    USD 322.00
    Subtotal
    USD 322.00
    Shipping & Handling
    USD 10.00
    Grand Total
    USD 332.00

[​IMG]

Thread Status: