***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

fair enough, I was speaking more in pure practical terms, which to me is the real/true purpose of the commando sole - making the boot non slippery and durable on snow and ice and water. it's the "non smoothiness" of the commando sole which really helps in these situations. so I would think the true benefit comes when you have both the heel and forefront in grooved commando.

I also think you should try to darken the edges :) the contrast is too much for me, but horses for courses

2. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

3. nadav

nadav Senior member

Epaulet has it too.

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Thanks to all on the replies about Saphir - I appreciate it.

5. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

No offense but Ouch--i think you ruined the aesthetics. But to each his own.:embar:

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

ooof, no worries. I do love it though, what I like about the natural trim is that if I want to go darker, wouldn't be too much of a chore, but the other way would be. I'm sure I'll darken the edges a bit as I wear them. How many wears do you say these soles have in em? Its like a triple leather...

7. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

They ARE unique and as long as you are happy with them who really cares right? Wear them in good health!:slayer:

8. MickCollins1916

MickCollins1916 Senior member

New (to me, anyways; worn a handful of times previously) #8 shortwing bluchers with antiqued edgetrim from LSH. Very pleased with them.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Great transaction with Mr. Moo, btw. Good guy, good seller.

9. Atcmg8803

Atcmg8803 Member

NEW ALDEN MODEL: LWB slippers in Color 8. When my first pair of shells arrived I was real busy at work and had no time to wear them - I wear steel toed shoes at work - so my MAC Method lasted for about 3 weeks - Almost got to where I didn't want to wear them outside - just came home and put on jeans, Happy Socks and Aldens - ref New York Ranger's New Year's post about being in bed by 1030 (little ones fatigue) - ditto - too tired for outings sometimes! Also seen here is the little man rockin' bear slippers with a quasi crepe sole out in the "wild" - a special make up? This is a great shoe!
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

Nice looking shoe. I'm really fond of the short wing. I have the C&J for polo version, but might like to get in on the LS reorder. Any word on when those might reappear?

11. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

The more I see the #8 color I am convinced that I need to add a pair to my rotation.

12. Atcmg8803

Atcmg8803 Member

^ This Color 8 gets better and better each time I pull these shoes out. Love this color.

13. abam

abam Senior member

Just a heads up, JGilbert is doing a color 4/black shell saddle shoe and is taking pre-orders.

14. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

Adam at A of C has always been very prompt in returning my emails with questions. I believe he's based in the pacific nw and we've had some bad weather this week, with a lot of people without power. could be he's incommunicado because of that. Or he's on vacation. I also think it's a one man show, as mentioned earlier.

15. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Looking very good. That is one classy "slipper" and those are great socks as well. Glad to hear you are enjoying your LWBs. And didn't I read something earlier about a special #4 shell bear slipper makeup on the flexwelt coming for the spring? With my luck it will only be available in toddler sizes. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.