• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aesthetics aside, the combination of the commando heel and smooth sole elsewhere doesn't really jive imo.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unlined #8 PTB on the Flexwelt
IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

Tom just received a restock, here's mine with a few miles on them.

Damn. LOVE those...if i had the scoots i'd buy them right now. Everything that i was hoping would come out in the spring is coming out now :brick:

NotClever

Reaction score
Looks like standard bar lacing to me. If you zoom in on the picture you should be able to make out where the laces go on the underside of the pattern.

CEE88

Reaction score

Thank you, interlockingny

Cigar PTB on crepe by Winn Perry. My first crepe soled Aldens.

Tried on this shoe last year and really liked it. First time I'd seen brand new Cigar in person. Wasn't prepared to make the purchase that day so I waited. For one day. Called Jordan to buy them but my size was gone.

They're breaking in nice - enjoy them!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

aesthetics aside, the combination of the commando heel and smooth sole elsewhere doesn't really jive imo.

Maybe I read into the stylistic choices made too much here, but I think its perfect. The boot itself is both elegant and rugged at the same time (elegance being an all eyelet in shell on a fairly conservative shape and the ruggedness coming from the brogued cap toe and the back pull tab) so the sole matches that in my mind.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys are gonna love this. Last day of convalescing at home sent me to the drug store, and on my way I figured I'd see if my LS Ultimate Jumpers were ready after a refurbish with some tweaks. Take a look:
BEFORE:
ad53b2ae.jpg

7f917126.jpg

9a363b7c.jpg

c9b52b68.jpg
AFTER:
11c86ce4.jpg

67a77b36.jpg

850ab203.jpg

63283bc2.jpg
Grand total? $50. May not be the cleanest underneath, but I asked him to really stack em, and double up on what I had. The Commando Sole was a surprise but I LOVE IT. I do believe they are now ULTIMATE. Vincent Sirico (Napolitan to boot!) at 8810 3rd Avenue in Bay Ridge.

NYR, I think you should Saphir the sole - natural is too Tricker-ish. My $.02.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ NYR - those boots look absolutely fantastic now. I would personally try to darken the sole as well.

General question - is Saphir Ren. only available on A Suitable Wardrobe? Any other places that sell it?

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@ NYR - those boots look absolutely fantastic now. I would personally try to darken the sole as well.
General question - is Saphir Ren. only available on A Suitable Wardrobe? Any other places that sell it?

Leather Soul sells it and I reommend you get if from them as you will get a larger jar of it. While its good stuff I also really like Venetian Shoe creme in terms of conditioner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads