• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not alden specifically, but we talk Horween shell colors in here a lot, and the Leffot blog just put up pics of two colors I've never seen before. (these are both Rider boots)

Moka (like mocha?)

and #6

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

need some ravello in my life. any alden retailer stock ravello cap toe boots? i know leffot had a version on the barrie but i'm looking for a pair on the grant last. any help would be much appreciated.

The pair that Leffot had for sale (the day tripper) was on the Grant last.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone been to J Gilbert's brick & mortar? Yenni has such an adorable voice I wonder if she has the looks just as. :inlove:

And I thought I was the only d.g. thinking that

Ravello LWB today.
944cee07.jpg

54862dc3.jpg

perfection. simple perfection.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Marlow has a higher arch, but is shorter overall than the LHS in the same size. Take that for what you will.

ok thanks. LHS does looks a little longer in pictures and i like it a little over the marlows. but both are good penny loafers

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SORRY TO BOGART YOUR PICTURE.. I WAS CURIOUS TO FIND OUT WHERE IS EVERYONES BIG TOE IN RELATION TO THE END OF THE SHOE... THE LINE IS WHERE MINE IS...

if your big toe is up there your feet are going to be squeezed pretty tight into your shoes

i agree though, i'm a relative alden newb and sometimes wonder about sizing. i think the main thing is make sure the widest part of your foot matches widest part of the shoe.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Alden x Leffot Color 8 LWB.
First pair of shells! :) Been coveting Color 8 for a while, decided "What the hell?!" the other day, and BAM! Here they are.
Didn't do a very good job reproducing the color in the pic (they look so different depending on the light)... That being said, I'm quite happy with them, and am looking forward to seeing them age.
Side note, NewYorkRanger's Ravello's make me second guess my purchase! Was torn between Color 8 and Cigar initially. I'm quite a fan of the antique edge though, and am happy I was able to snag some color 8's with that.
Cheers Gents!

An excellent choice. That antique edge trim looks great and I'm sure you've noticed the color(s) #8 develops into in the many photos here. Always room for Cigar or Ravello, next, right?:D

hermano

Reaction score
greetings,
would like to know if anyone would like to purchase these at cost before I post for sale anywhere. purchased through pre-order from LeatherSoul, brand new, never worn, in original box with shoe bags. Size 11.5D, Barrie. $595, shipped in US.

Alden Shoes – #8 Shortwing for Style Forum (LSW & LSBH)
Posted by Tom

Our latest Alden model was designed for the members of Style Forum, particularly those who post and read the official Alden thread.

The combination of Horween color #8 shell cordovan and an antique edgetrim sounded like a great idea and now that we finally see it in the flesh, Style Forum was right.

A double waterlock leather sole and regular welt round out the details.

As most of our order was presold, stock is very short.

(Barrie last, $595.00)

please PM me if you would like.
best,
scott

Last edited:

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

greetings,
would like to know if anyone would like to purchase these at cost before I post for sale anywhere. purchased through pre-order from LeatherSoul, brand new, never worn, in original box with shoe bags. $595, shipped in US.

Alden Shoes – #8 Shortwing for Style Forum (LSW & LSBH)
Posted by Tom
Our latest Alden model was designed for the members of Style Forum, particularly those who post and read the official Alden thread.
The combination of Horween color #8 shell cordovan and an antique edgetrim sounded like a great idea and now that we finally see it in the flesh, Style Forum was right.
A double waterlock leather sole and regular welt round out the details.
As most of our order was presold, stock is very short.
(Barrie last, $595.00)
please PM me if you would like.
best,
scott

Size?

g.michael

Reaction score

for those who own Marlow Penny Loafer and Alden's Leisure Handsewn Shell which one do you find to fit better?

Since I am a narrow size, I appreciate the fit options offered by the LHS and it seems to work better overall. It does have a low arch though so that strap can pinch your feet depending on foot shape so it doesn't work for everyone even if you get the length/width perfect. The "D width only" Marlow is easier on the arch but again--D width only.

I have been fortunate enough to make both work. 11B is working in the LHS for me while the 10D Marlow, although a little short in the length, seems to fit very very well when i go sockless in the summer.

As far as finishing goes--I like the hand sewing, the half strap, and single leather sole on the LHS better. On the Marlow, I like the 270 welt with close heel and the closely trimmed sole around the whole shoe better than the LHS.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many people here sized one whole down for Trubalance? as a 8C not sure if 7.5d might be too big

Last edited:

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How many people here sized one whole down for Trubalance? as a 8C not sure if 7.5d might be too big

I have. I'm normally a 8.5 in sneakers, went down to a 7.5 E on indy and context roy boots. The guy at leather soul was saying how they might have sized me wrong, and I'm actually a D width. I normally wear an insole anyways so a 7.5E works fine for me.

ReversoLover

Reaction score

I went down a whole size - usually I'm a 10D in most shoes, Clarks Desert Kahn/Boot I'm a 9.5 and today when I went to try on some Indys, 9D felt nice and comfy.

On another note, JUST ORDERED MY FIRST PAIR OF ALDENS - Ultimate Indys in Chromexcel from Leathersoul Beverly Hills

Is it unhealthy how incredibly giddy/excited I am?

Also as a side note, I saw that the Leffot 405's have burgundy laces, which I think look pretty cool. Does anyone have any alternate lace color/material ideas for the chromexcel?

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a shell cap toe or wingtip to wear with suits. I'm torn between #8 and Cigar. The Cigar is intriguing, partly because it is uncommon. Is cigar too casual for a cap toe balmoral? Is it this dark IRL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads