• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick

Reaction score
was speaking to alden in nyc on madison ave, they told me you can special order one pair of boots or shoes in any last in pretty much any combo. example colar 8 captoe boots on the barrie last. there is 150 dollar upcharge and the wait is 4 to 8 months. might work for some who want what they want. i would like a brown calf scotchgrain captoe boot on the barrie last. just have to debate if i want to pay an extra 150.

P.S as this time you cannot order any cigar, ravello, or whisky.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
was speaking to alden in nyc on madison ave, they told me you can special order one pair of boots or shoes in any last in pretty much any combo. example colar 8 captoe boots on the barrie last. there is 150 dollar upcharge and the wait is 4 to 8 months. might work for some who want what they want. i would like a brown calf scotchgrain captoe boot on the barrie last. just have to debate if i want to pay an extra 150.

P.S as this time you cannot order any cigar, ravello, or whisky.

Be careful Rick, not any combo...Alden doesn't approve every style. Also 4-8 months would be the average timeframe after Alden confirms the order which could take a while, sometimes a few months.

rick

Reaction score
thanks tom for the extra info, at second glance, might be to much trouble then its worth.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy cow, I just went to the SF Alden shop wearing my 9D shell indys (which seem just a little snug to me) and the SA now has my size pegged at 9EE for both trubalance and barrie. My head is spinning.

It was toward the end of the day but I don't think my feet swell that much.

FYI, the SF shop is now stocking the regular indys with full leather lining. Chromexcel's still haven't arrived. They're telling people March / April but he said they don't know for certain

hobscrk777

Reaction score
I'm headed to the Alden store in DC today. Can't wait to try on the Indy boot and their suede chukka.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
FWIW, I'm dealing with a similar problem with a pair of shell indys in 9D. Everything feels great except for some light but persistant rubbing on the edge of my small outer toe. After about 20 wears, it still hasn't gone away. I've been told that a 9E would probably be too big (the whole volume of the boot increases, not just the relative width) and that if these 9D's don't work out I may need to try either an 8.5EE or a 9.5C. Neither of those options seem attractive, as they would most likely require special ordering.

Originally Posted by Trapp
Holy cow, I just went to the SF Alden shop wearing my 9D shell indys (which seem just a little snug to me) and the SA now has my size pegged at 9EE for both trubalance and barrie. My head is spinning.

It was toward the end of the day but I don't think my feet swell that much.

I'm thinking about buying a pair of Aldens but I think I would have a similar problem. Our feet sound like they are about the same size. Kinda complicates things when trying to order the exclusive Alden makeups that only come in D width, and I haven't had any luck pre-ordering a boot to my liking through LeatherSoul or Winn Perry.

What is the best way to determine the correct Alden size for your feet in the absence of visiting an Alden dealer in person? Would LeatherSoul or another Alden retailer be able to tell sizing from measurements like White's boots?

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just found a barely worn pair of aldens for really cheap. can anyone tell me what model this is?
3n63k73ld5P15Sa5R0a1e036b549f93e511f8.jpg

dport86

Reaction score
^suggestion: look inside shoe. write down model number. google search. ALT: search theshoemart.com. ALT2: call Alden. These are bal wingtips.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
it's a picture from the seller, sorry for not clarifying. she's going to send me a couple more but the selling price is $75 so I thought I'd find out as much as I could. thanks for your help

Bartolo

Reaction score
Can someone comment on the eyelets of these BB shell wingtips? I'm still learning about such shoes, and believe them to be traditional. But I've seen Aldens without such large eyelets. What's the story behind the large eyelets?

Oh and I'd love some suggestions for what to where these black shell wingtips with. I can see wearhing them with jeans . . . and a variety of dressier odd trousers, but not chinos. Stick to blues and grays with these black shoes, and not tans or browns? What about greens/heather/moss colors?

TIA!

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

kalanigee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dibadiba
ah, thank you!
I think I'll get 'em. $75 seems to be a steal for a barely worn pair

Ppppphhh. Jerk. Haha, j/k. Nice snag. I think everyone who follows this thread is envious of you for that $ 75 steal. Good job man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads