***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seer

seer Senior member

Hey Guys, my next all around/kick around boot is going to be the Indy 404 Kudu - does anyone have any pictures of used one? How they age? And if anyone has a pair in 10D that they would like to sell let me know.

thanks

2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Interesting this. I would have thought they'd be more practical. I have to admit that I've had pretty good luck with leather soles so far. No near death experiences. I am however about to join the commando sole club, with a pair of #8 plain toe boots. On the premise that they will be better for general purpose wear. A fine rationale for the purchase, isn't it gents?

Educational. I have this idea that I should try 10.5E in the Barrie. That it will be perfect. But then I think, why do I want to decide that the perfect size is one that's a lot less likely to be available, particularly in the special makeups? I've actually sort of come to like the length of the 11Ds I wear. Feel as if it fits well with the Barrie's solid form, and I guess I feel like I'm tall enough to carry the length without it looking odd. Haven't asked anyone else their opinion though, so who know what the casual observer thinks. Perhaps I'll take a poll walking down the street...

And Roggie Rog, I know you've already had a reply that this really isn't anything to worry about if you like the boots otherwise. Thought I'd share a photo of a boot a little under a year old that I've worn a decent mount. Tried to take it from the same angle to show that folds of that sort are definitely going to develop with wear and, I think, look quite good.

[​IMG]

And please post some shots of with a full view of your new tankers when you get a chance. They look like some sharp boots. I am looking for the right opportunity to add an NST to my collection. Enjoy.

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

Here they are, haven't done anything but wear them, maybe 20 wears total, 2 in snow, rest in California. Two hikes of 10 miles each as well or so. Boots are a little darker in person.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012

4. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

good looking gunboats, enjoy wearing

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

enjoy wearing your good looking ravello ptb

6. seer

seer Senior member

That's what I'm talking about! Thanks, I think I need to take a ride down to Shoe Mart. Nice Black Watch Tartan shirt - one of my favorite tartans...

7. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

ravello lwb enjoy wearing, i would highly recommend that you change the crepe to leather sole. nick at bnelson does outstanding work

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012

8. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    cigar cap toe boot
    argyle otc

9. seer

seer Senior member

Leather soles in winter? I'm not sure, but going up in New England in the 50s+60s I never had a lug sole - all my shoes and boots were leather soled. I guess I got used to walking on snow and ice with them - never really had any problem. The problem with leather soles is that they are cold - they conduct the cold from the ground. Rubber/lug soles are much better insulated. Just this AM I was hiking in about 5 degree temp (wind chill temp) with my non-insulated Frye boot with a rubber sole - my feet were fine.

10. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Have you tried sizing up a width?

11. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Or going with the unlined BB version.

12. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Thanks uncle.

13. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Very nice!