***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Yes, you would usually keep the width, especially with the wider lasts -- Barrie, TruBalance, and Modified. Those lasts offer plenty of volume, specifically the Trubalance and Barrie so it is not necessary to increase the width on the size down.

2. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

Out of the shadows and into the light! Alden x Leffot; #8 NST Boot
    [​IMG]

3. marroyo

marroyo Active Member

Quote:
    Believe me... the damage has been done. I have just kept it under wraps. It all began with a pair of natural cxl indy boots from the Shoemart last year, then I purchased a pair of color 8 captoe boots (seconds) from the Shoemart, followed by the great deals at JCrew with a Snuff Suede Plain toe boot. Then I discovered Macs Treasures and purchased the Ravello Chukka he had up for sale (a thanks to Sazon as well). A couple of weeks ago I became the happy owner of a pair of whiskey shell LWBs from Alden Madison Ave and I am awaiting the arrival of a pair of snuff suede LWBs from JCrew sometime in Feb. Needless to say my closet needs some cigar but I will probably go on a buying hiatus until next fall. Oh yeah, I also emailed Steven at Leffot inquiring about the Whiskey Tanker he did recently wondering if there will be a restock for next fall. I will post an Alden family portrait when I get a chance.

Quote:
    I just ordered some Saphir Reno from A Suitable Wardrobe, shoulda got the bone too...

4. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Dear God this thread is going to force me into considering bankruptcy... Those sound delicious. Those Epaulet makeups normally come in two's don't they? Care to share a few tidbits on the others? :stirpot:

5. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I decided to keep my pair, forgot how comfy they are. The brown is phenomenal! Think I might change the soles to something a bit less casual though , a coworker commented on how great they looked the other day

6. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I also put leather laces on em, they are the tits

7. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

No voodoo bone yet but my shoe care kit is the size of a suitcase and was recently filled with Saphir products...

I keep saying I have to slow down but then I see something else I want. I currently have 5 pair of boots (4 are shell) and already I'm thinking about some LHS for the summer.

8. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Did you get confirmation if they plan to re-order?

9. Roggie Rog

Roggie Rog Well-Known Member

I'd like to ask you guys what you think about these creases that are in the shaft of these color 8 NST/Tanker Boot from Citishoes. Since there were shoe trees in them during shipping, and the fact that Alden's boxes are really small for their boots, it appears as though these shaft creases formed during shipping, as they're only on one boot. Now, on the one hand, I was thinking to myself that creases as such may or may not naturally develop as they break in; but on the other hand, I have never owned cordovan boots and am not certain what to expect. Please take a look at these pics which I tried taking as clearly as possible. Please advise.Thanks![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Our work here is done...Next.

11. marroyo

marroyo Active Member

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Alden Toe Cap Boot in #8 with a black wool flannel suit? y/n?

13. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

i see. thanks for the clarification. Sucks for me since it`s hard to find them in C widths esp. store exclusives

14. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

I vote no. For me, black suits require black shoes.

15. CharlesT44

CharlesT44 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't worry, with wear they will naturally crease around your ankles.

Anyone have an idea on why the stitching on the #8 tanker is different that the whiskey? The back of the boot is double stitched and the side lacks a line of thread. Seemed weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.