1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Therendition

Therendition Senior member

Seriously. Those are amazing.

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you! it is the maiden voyage

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

[​IMG]

403s at the Giants game yesterday

1 person likes this.
  4. James_M

James_M Senior member

I bought a pair of Indys the year before last and wore them a few times a week. After one season wear the heel was worn well beyond the rubber part so I had that replaced. A couple of months later the entire sole began to separate. As well, the tongue became displaced. No matter how carefully I tied them the tongue would inevitably begin to slip sideways to the inside of the boot. Basically after a year of wear they were done. This has nothing to do with treating the leather. It seemed to be a constructional issue. I likely do walk more than the average person but it's not like I was hiking up mountains. Are you just not supposed to walk in them? It's unfortunate because I liked them but I'd be hesitant to get a new pair given my previous experience

5. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

Natural CXL question:

how do you guys clean this leather? I have montana pitch blend on my Indy boots, but they got scuffed up recently and have a few darker marks than I'd like and am looking for a method to clean em up a bit.

thoughts?

6. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Do I get extra brownie points for replying while on my family vacation in San Diego? I can't lie and say reading SF isn't a nice break after spending the last week at Legoland, the wild safari park, Sea World, and the SD Zoo...

Bryan and Joel at LSBH can make a sizing recommendation based on measuring your feet, but we do not give a guarantee for any size outside of a D or E width.

- - -

As far as ordering these non-stock sizes (A, EEEE, EE, etc...) we can take any stock pair order anytime. When I say stock, I mean anything in the standard Alden catalog.

As far as our own LS models, contact me directly from time to time and I can tell you if I will be ordering something you are looking for in the near future. I will tell you though, you will probably get better results dealing with a sales person at LSW instead of me. Although I do all the buying and detailing, I am very hands off now days when it comes to customers. My staff would be much more able to follow up.

2 people like this.
  7. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

Pics?

8. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello tassel
    argyles otc

9. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

The other thing is that you could pay attention to the Alden MTO thread and get in on a preorder. I personally have put together three group orders for people through Epaulet for a ravello captoe boot, a whiskey wingtip boot and a mixed media boot. We have a long wait ahead of us, but you could have ordered any size you pleased. It requires a little bit of planning and legwork but you can actually get what you want. Just a helpful suggestion.

10. LeJouvre

LeJouvre Senior member

Florida, USA ; New zealand; Hong Kong; Singapore
    Yup, that looks like the only answer really. Are there any slots open at the moment?

The strange thing is, during January I walked into Shoemart for a pair of Alden boot laces and I walked out with a great pair of Ravello SWB wingtip 9 eyelet boots.

Dammit, and I wondered whether I had gone crazy with impulse buying at $680 a pop. Now I wish I had taken every other style they had on offer.

When you ain't looking it seems to rain exotic cordovans, but when you desperately need a pair? not a shoe to be had!

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  11. roboterkampf

roboterkampf Active Member

Thanks!
    Van Dyke and Bacon are next door to "Swallow at the Hollow" on the corner of York and Norther Pkwy, just down from the Senator theater - cool to know they have Aldens. Will check 'em all out.

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Mac method. Beyond that, all I've ever done is brush,brush, brush. Very clean, has taken spots off. Brush long and hard.

13. Renton

Renton Senior member

I did a pre-order with J. Gilbert last winter for a cigar indy with commando soles. Last time I talked to an sa in February, they were slotted for a June or so ship date. Give J. Gilbert in Seattle a call and see if they'll have your size.

14. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Amazing that that bar is still there. Used to be a hangout for Loyola girls. If you go by Van Dyke's post an update on what you find. I may drop in myself.

15. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Do you recall if these were on Trubalance or another last? Fingers crossed on non-Trubalance.:embar:

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  16. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

No, those pre-orders have long since closed.

17. Renton

Renton Senior member

I'm almost positive it was trubalance, one of few J. Gilbert makeups that didn't use the plaza last.

18. AnOxymoron

AnOxymoron Senior member

Haven't Indys always been on the trubalance last?

19. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I've seen a couple of Indy make ups in Barrie and Plaza

20. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Yep, and Moulded Shoes does it on the Modified last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.