1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strangebrew

strangebrew Well-Known Member

looks like part of the leather near the bottom of my boot isn't tucked under and makes the captoe look a bit irregular. Should I be concerned? Or am I being way too picky? They fit perfectly, I am just concerned that it may get worse with wear, or perhaps it would pose problems when I want to get them resoled. If it doesn't hurt the integrity of the shoe and is just cosmetic, whatever. What to you think? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Distinguished Member

im a true size 9 and wear 8.5 barrie/trubalance ... whats my size in leydon?

3. WatchGuy

WatchGuy Senior Member

im a true size 9 and wear 8.5 barrie/trubalance ... whats my size in leydon?

4. randomkoreandude

^ thanks bro. that link is gonna help me alot in the future

anyone have pics of cordovan chukkas with jeans?

5. sixsails

sixsails Senior Member

I'm looking for a plain toe boot in black, with soft calf, and either the commando or plantation crepe sole.

Does this exist?

Thanks.

6. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior Member

7. sixsails

sixsails Senior Member

That's what I'm looking for, but forgot to specify that I'm looking for it on a Barrie last for the wider toebox.

8. MiniW

MiniW Distinguished Member

you can get your size in the E width, unless you already need an E in the Barrie. As of now I can't think of anywhere that stocks plain toe boots in black, but new special models come out every couple of months so it's just a matter of waiting.

9. randomkoreandude

anyone have pics of cordovan chukkas with jeans?

bump

10. MiniW

MiniW Distinguished Member

why? trying to decide on the 5th anniversary shoes? (just get them, they'll look great - unfortunately they are out of my budget for the moment)

11. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Distinguished Member

if im a size 12 in the Barrie last what would i be in say the Aberdeen or plaza?

12. randomkoreandude

why? trying to decide on the 5th anniversary shoes? (just get them, they'll look great - unfortunately they are out of my budget for the moment)

yeah trying to see which color and how they look with jeans

13. Arizor

Arizor Senior Member

strangebrew - I'd contact Alden about sending them back in for correction if it bothers you, it would bother me, though I'm sure it's harmless.

14. interlockingny

interlockingny Distinguished Member

if im a size 12 in the Barrie last what would i be in say the Aberdeen or plaza?

It depends how wide your foot is but the Aberdeen Last tends to be narrower in the toe box. My guess would be that a 12.5 B/D or 12.5 C/E in the Aberdeen Last and 12.5 B/D in the Plaza.

15. slide13

slide13 Distinguished Member

Strangebrew-

I don't suspect that would cause any structural issue down the road, but if it bothers you I would see if Alden would correct or replace that for you.

I have a similar thing on a pair of White's Semi-Dress I just got. After talking with White's I have decided I can live with it but these are more of a work boot style then a dress boot like an Alden. If those were mine I would probably see about getting it corrected on that style of boot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.