***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

:uhoh: (having just bought a pair through them)

2. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Many people have had a good experience with them so you'll probably be fine. Consider Tom at LS or Jim at Alden SF for your future purchases - I have complete confidence in them in the event of a problem.

3. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I've interacted with Steven both via e-mail and in person and he has been open to taking pre-orders. In the past, my request has been in a typical size and width (i.e., D width) so maybe it may be different for other widths. It is a small business so maybe he gets busy with communications if done via phone or e-mail. In person, he has been more than gracious with both shoe fittings and potential styles.

4. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I just got those boots in #8 and they are great.

5. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I've purchased four pair of Aldens (Ravello WT boots, Cigar LWB, Cigar Indy, and #8 Captoe Boots) from the Shoe Mart and have been nothing but happy with their customer service. I dealt with one of the owners the first time I ordererd because I had sizing oncerns and since then the owner has always personally emailed me to ask how I like my new shoes. Unlike some other Alden dealers TSM seems happy to have my business. Give them a call and ask to speak to one of the owners and i'm sure they will work it out.

6. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Also, the Shoe Mart has a great return policy. If they don't fit just return them and get another size. I did this on my first pair of Aldens.

7. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

The Indy is one of Alden's most popular models, they are like longwings

8. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

This is right - Leffot is essentially a two or three person operation, so some communications may slip through the cracks. There are some preorder (or rather reserve) lists for Alden restocks. I get the impression more frequent purchasers tend to get on those lists first. Best way to get in with Leffot is to simply visit the store (which I know is unpractical for many but it is what it is).

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

next time I get up to visit NYC I'll definitely make sure I drop by the store.

10. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

sizing question: How do 8.5C and 9B compare in widths to 8D? I have some 8D Barrie chukkas that are, in the heel, close to fitting but a tiny bit loose, but a little too short overall (some pinky toe squishing.) I measure a 9B on the brannock and I'm doing a preorder.

11. rmspawn

rmspawn Senior member

The consensus seems to be that I made the right choice sizing up a half size. My first choice would have been an 8.5E, but that was not an option. Thanks for your input.

12. rmspawn

rmspawn Senior member

I'm really looking forward to receiving my first pair of Aldens on the Grant last.

I just had a very pleasant transaction with the shoe mart. I was assisted by one of the owners over the phone and the man was nothing but helpful and pleasant. I suppose this doesn't constitute a true customer service experience, as most retailers are usually happy when collecting your money. :satisfied:

13. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

They should all be generally the same width, give or take.

14. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

966 On A Rainy Day
    [​IMG]

15. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

The first time I ordered from shoemart I dealt with one of the owners. It wasn't an ideal experience.
    ever since then I've dealt with Mark Waters who has been nothing but wonderful. He's even gone as far as taking multiple pics of a given shoe if I have questions about the condition of any of their 2nds. Can't recommend him enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.