• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wore my whiskey NST's today:
c9ca4ee0-1.jpg

nephew,
looking good in your whiskey

Kwaker

Reaction score
FYI ... while at Barney's this morning, I noticed that they had a pair of 8D Kudo Indy's for 60% off ... tagged $219. It was likely their last pair ... the 403 were still regularly-priced.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
aopdhy.jpg

cigar cap toe
argyle otc

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have to say I don't know which I like better...those beautiful CIGAR'S or those absolutely DAZZLING Carolina blue and navy argyles!!!

thank you

brozek

Reaction score
I don't have a stable of shell boots to contribute, but I thought you guys might enjoy this.

One month of fieldwork in rural SW China, one pair of boots.

They've had a good brushing and some venetian shoe cream since I got back to the States, but here they are halfway through a wipedown in a Shenzen hotel at the end of the trip -

Virchow

Reaction score
I don't have a stable of shell boots to contribute, but I thought you guys might enjoy this.

They've had a good brushing and some venetian shoe cream since I got back to the States, but here they are halfway through a wipedown in a Shenzen hotel at the end of the trip -

Über like. It takes a big Indy fan to take those pics but very appreciated.

advan031

Reaction score
man..I need to beat up my Indys some more...very nice wear

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been going over a few different sites to gain a consensus on how to get these shell bal oxfords back I acquired via Ebay back into tip-top shape. The previous owner appears to have used polish, especially across the top of the shoe (although luckily not over the toes) resulting in a grimy/crusty black-ish substance in the creases of the shoes. I was able to rub a decent amount out with my fingers, but you can still detect the immediate difference in texture between the nicer sections, and the creases.

I found this restoration experiment where a guy got a pair of shells off ebay for $20 bucks, completely tattered and probably beyond hope of repair, and Alden still worked them into a beautiful shoe. I might be considering this for my 974s should local cobblers not be able to work some initial magic. Apparently the process is not just a resoling, but a complete overhaul of the shoe.

Oh, and thanks too for the deer bone video pages back. Great fun. Wish there was ANYONE as knowledgable on shell care between SLC and Vegas.

Last edited:

seer

Reaction score
Guys
Just a heads-up that I posted a few shoes in the B&S section:
Alden whiskey LHS 9 1/2 B/D (Van last) $350 shipped CONUS (includes an Alden box - not original - and shoe bags). Light wear, purchased several years back (possibly from ShoeMart?).
Alden chromexcel chukka with commando sole 9 B/D (Barrie last). This is a customization by Alden Restoration of the Leather Soul CXL chukka. The chukkas were worn a few times last winter, I slipped and slid on the original waterloc soles and then sent them to Alden. They've been worn a few times since they were re-soled. Total times worn = less than 10. The "carbon footprint" of these boots, however, is embarrassing: Massachusetts to Hawaii to Chicago to Massachusetts to Chicago to Massachusetts and finally back to Chicago (this is the job that may have prompted Alden to modify their restoration policy to no longer accept customizations - think of it as buying a bit of history). $425 shipped CONUS (includes original box and shoe bags).
Rider chromexcel venetian loafer 10 D (made by Rancourt & Co in Maine) $100 shipped CONUS (no box, no shoe bags). Purchased from Leffot, nice casual loafer on Amazonas rubber sole. Buried in the back of my closet, more scuffs from that placement than from actual wear.
All quotes are using paypal gift (add 4% for "regular" paypal).

Do you have a picture link to this? I can't find it - the B&S section...

HorseHide

Reaction score
Hey Fenway, now that Theo's my neighbor are you considering a name change? Say, Wrigley? Just asking...

FENWAY

Reaction score

Hey Fenway, now that Theo's my neighbor are you considering a name change? Say, Wrigley? Just asking...

Never happen. In Lucchino we trust

BTW, I have an extra ticket for Fenway's 100th Opening Day for ya if you can stretch out those CXL Chukkas to a size 11

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

403s or 405s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads