• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Excellent post doc, love those whiskeys thanks.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice collection DrZRM, and the models are all very unique...

arrow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by false
Where'd you find these pictures? I was going to have my gf pick up 405's for me in HK but if the cromexel version is starting to hit stores I'd appreciate a link!

Edit: Googled around and seems to be expected to ship late jan or february-at $344! Thats awesome, screw Jcrew with their $450 version of the same thing. Still, if anyone knows who's got them in stock now...

Pics are mine and the version is out now, got em at Shoemart.

videocrew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by false
Where'd you find these pictures? I was going to have my gf pick up 405's for me in HK but if the cromexel version is starting to hit stores I'd appreciate a link!

Edit: Googled around and seems to be expected to ship late jan or february-at $344! Thats awesome, screw Jcrew with their $450 version of the same thing. Still, if anyone knows who's got them in stock now...

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men...indy_boot.html

They have them there, but they're $450. The non-Chromexcel is $344, I don't expect that they'd sell the Chromexcels with leather lining and better construction for the same price as the normal ones.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DrZRM, I like the way your ultimate indy's have broken in. Have any more pics of them, closer up? I don't often see pics of these after they've been well-used.

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by framus
alden.jpg

I would just like to revisit this image in regards to shoe fit. Many of you noted how this shoe was too big for Framus. This is how most of my footwear tie up, and I'm certainly not overtightening. Length for me is fine too. So what is it then? Should I be buying a narrower shoe? I find myself describing my feet as "low volume" and yet I don't think an Aberdeen last would suit me as my toes need some wriggle room due to a hammer toe.

Any remarks would be appreciated. Any shoe sellers care to pipe up?

Regards,
Mike

Doctor

Reaction score
Put an insole in the shoe and try them for size. If your feet are very low volume, it will help.

ivan k

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gunboat
Ivan, those look very nicely broken in. How long have you owned them?

They've been worn, around, 25-30 times.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is NY Alden and Epaulet the only spots that have the Black Indys?
Looking for a 7.5

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want to do a preorder on the Alden Snuff Suede Plain Toe Flex boot on leather soul but I've never owned a pair of Aldens and I'm kind of nervous about the sizing.

I am a 9D UK European generally (Church's, Trickers) or a 43 (Camper), and a 9.5D US in dress shoes and boots (Ferragamo, Gordon Rush). The Barrie last seems to run a bit large - should I get a 9.5D as I prefer a bit more space, as opposed to sizing down to a 9D?

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Is NY Alden and Epaulet the only spots that have the Black Indys?
Looking for a 7.5

Yes and no.

NY Alden has the contrast stitched (white) and natural outsole edge; Epaulet has a version you can view online. People have posted the black regular Indys from the Madison Ave store here. I did not love them in person (and I had fallen in love with the pics from this site).

I opted instead for the new 403 (Chromexcel, leather lined, dress shoe quality construction) from Leffot. They are due in Feb.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have pics of the regular black Indys from the Madison Ave shop?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i love the irony of jet crticizing people for posting 'poor man's aldens' when he owns 0 pairs despite having started this thread

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Don't you love the fact that the only pair of shoes I own that are cheaper than indys are chucks benjamin?

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roguls
I opted instead for the new 403 (Chromexcel, leather lined, dress shoe quality construction) from Leffot. They are due in Feb.
Are there any pics of these around? Price? I don't see them on their site.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads