1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Excellent post doc, love those whiskeys thanks.

2. MiniW

MiniW Distinguished Member

nice collection DrZRM, and the models are all very unique...

3. arrow

arrow Senior Member

Where'd you find these pictures? I was going to have my gf pick up 405's for me in HK but if the cromexel version is starting to hit stores I'd appreciate a link!

Edit: Googled around and seems to be expected to ship late jan or february-at $344! Thats awesome, screw Jcrew with their $450 version of the same thing. Still, if anyone knows who's got them in stock now...

Pics are mine and the version is out now, got em at Shoemart.

4. videocrew

videocrew Senior Member

Where'd you find these pictures? I was going to have my gf pick up 405's for me in HK but if the cromexel version is starting to hit stores I'd appreciate a link!

Edit: Googled around and seems to be expected to ship late jan or february-at $344! Thats awesome, screw Jcrew with their $450 version of the same thing. Still, if anyone knows who's got them in stock now...

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men...indy_boot.html

They have them there, but they're $450. The non-Chromexcel is $344, I don't expect that they'd sell the Chromexcels with leather lining and better construction for the same price as the normal ones.

5. Trapp

Trapp Distinguished Member

DrZRM, I like the way your ultimate indy's have broken in. Have any more pics of them, closer up? I don't often see pics of these after they've been well-used.

6. velomane

velomane Senior Member

[​IMG]

I would just like to revisit this image in regards to shoe fit. Many of you noted how this shoe was too big for Framus. This is how most of my footwear tie up, and I'm certainly not overtightening. Length for me is fine too. So what is it then? Should I be buying a narrower shoe? I find myself describing my feet as "low volume" and yet I don't think an Aberdeen last would suit me as my toes need some wriggle room due to a hammer toe.

Any remarks would be appreciated. Any shoe sellers care to pipe up?

Regards,
    Mike

7. Doctor

Doctor Senior Member

Put an insole in the shoe and try them for size. If your feet are very low volume, it will help.

8. ivan k

ivan k Senior Member

Ivan, those look very nicely broken in. How long have you owned them?

They've been worn, around, 25-30 times.

9. edubs01

edubs01 Distinguished Member

Is NY Alden and Epaulet the only spots that have the Black Indys?
    Looking for a 7.5

10. hooker4186

hooker4186 Distinguished Member

I really want to do a preorder on the Alden Snuff Suede Plain Toe Flex boot on leather soul but I've never owned a pair of Aldens and I'm kind of nervous about the sizing.

I am a 9D UK European generally (Church's, Trickers) or a 43 (Camper), and a 9.5D US in dress shoes and boots (Ferragamo, Gordon Rush). The Barrie last seems to run a bit large - should I get a 9.5D as I prefer a bit more space, as opposed to sizing down to a 9D?

11. Roguls

Roguls Distinguished Member

Is NY Alden and Epaulet the only spots that have the Black Indys?
    Looking for a 7.5

Yes and no.

NY Alden has the contrast stitched (white) and natural outsole edge; Epaulet has a version you can view online. People have posted the black regular Indys from the Madison Ave store here. I did not love them in person (and I had fallen in love with the pics from this site).

I opted instead for the new 403 (Chromexcel, leather lined, dress shoe quality construction) from Leffot. They are due in Feb.

12. edubs01

edubs01 Distinguished Member

Does anybody have pics of the regular black Indys from the Madison Ave shop?

13. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

i love the irony of jet crticizing people for posting 'poor man's aldens' when he owns 0 pairs despite having started this thread

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

Don't you love the fact that the only pair of shoes I own that are cheaper than indys are chucks benjamin?

15. WatchGuy

WatchGuy Senior Member

I opted instead for the new 403 (Chromexcel, leather lined, dress shoe quality construction) from Leffot. They are due in Feb.
    Are there any pics of these around? Price? I don't see them on their site.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.