***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    the 975 style is on the barrie last
    enjoy wearing

2. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

Thanks Uncle--always appreciate your compliments and help!

3. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

The 404, I have them and they are great... love them

4. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

I will be listing a pair of the Leffot #8 Longwings with antique edge-trim in size 8D in the next day or so. Only been worn 3 times, so basically new. Asking $545 OBO. If interested, PM me. Thanks.

Just as a reminder, here is the link to Leffot: http://leffot.com/2011/12/08/alden-x-leffot-longwings/

5. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Speaking of Leffot #8 Longwings, I finally had to cave in and buy some brushes/chamois/deer bone combo from ASW to see if I could get these obnoxious water/liquid stains that are all over them, praying it works. I know I am probably overreacting but I'm really bummed i only got to wear these once before something stupid like this would happen... *sigh*

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ chill out man. The shoes will be fine. They were worn on NYE so Im surprised nothing else happened to them. Once you get your gear, follow the mac method and youll be pleasantly surprised how easy it is to get shells looking like new

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012

7. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

I will try my best, thanks for posting the ASW link by the way, would have never known the place existed, just put in an order and listed you as the reference.

8. JasonV

JasonV Senior member

The mystery may be solved - my Orvis #8 longwings came today. The model number is 975 and they look and fit like the Barrie.
    [​IMG][​IMG][/quote]
    You should notify Orvis that they are giving out incorrect information. [/quote]

Were these a D width fitting? I grabbed the 10.5 but didn't check width first - I already have a 10E and will compare to see which is best fit but on the Brannock I'm a 11D.

Thanks

9. MickCollins1916

MickCollins1916 Senior member

You should notify Orvis that they are giving out incorrect information. [/quote]
    Were these a D width fitting? I grabbed the 10.5 but didn't check width first - I already have a 10E and will compare to see which is best fit but on the Brannock I'm a 11D.
    Thanks[/quote]

Yes, they are a D width. The site didn't have widths listed, so I assumed they would be D. 9D on the Barrie works for me, though it's not may favorite fit.

10. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

I emailed Alden asking what sole options they have for recrafting and they said that they only recraft with original materials. I wanted to put a commando or double waterlock sole on my longwings, but I guess this isn't an option. Didn't they used to do this? Kind of disappointing.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

11. JasonV

JasonV Senior member

Thanks[/quote]

Yes, they are a D width. The site didn't have widths listed, so I assumed they would be D. 9D on the Barrie works for me, though it's not may favorite fit. [/quote]

Cool, thanks!

12. seer

seer Senior member

Why not call B Nelson?

http://www.bnelsonshoes.com/

13. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

I believe I may have been the last person to get a pair customized that way by Alden Restoration (I had them put commando soles on a pair of Color 8 LWBs [with antique edge trim and welting], on a pair of CXL chukkas that Tom did a while back and on a pair of Color 8 cap toe boots from Alden SF). It took almost 9 months to get my shoes and they are great but it was frustrating.

I think I read that they will still relast a shoe to adjust width but that may be the extent of the customization that they will do.

14. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

That sucks. I'll give B Nelson a call.

15. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

Dropped off my boots for dainite conversion at B nelson yesterday. The guy working there showed me a pair of natural cxl wt boots that they added commando soles. Looked badass with those soles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.