***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

Amen to that from a B/C width skinny dude.

2. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

+1

3. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I couldn't agree with this more. I bought my first pair of Aldens in October of this year (2011). Since then I have purchased six pair and have two more pair on order that shoud ship this week. Of those I have Ravello WT boots, Ravello LWB (which I want to sell :D ), Cigar LWB, and Cigar Indys. I've bought zero from LS for the same reasons stated above. My purchases have been from J Crew, Epaulet, Shoemart, and the B&S here. I also agree with the poster that said he liked Leffot's approach better. It's first come first serve. They don't always advertise everything (like the #4 Atoms) but they are willing to at least sell them when you call in.

4. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you
    i would hope in the future that the color of the shoe would be posted

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    i believe creasing relates to our feet

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

enjoy wearing!

7. kippy

kippy Senior member

Pastor, curious about your rational for selling the Ravello LWB. I have been trying to figure out why Ravello looks so beautiful on some makeups and not others. Perhaps it is the edge trim and welt color? When ravello is paired with a light welt and antique edge trim it plays nicely with the orange-reddish hue. When ravello is paired with a dark welt and dark edge trim, it seems to clash a bit and makes the shoe appear darker. It seems strange that these two elements would transform a shoe so dramatically.

8. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    whiskey indy argyles otc

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

11. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

I was in the same boat as you, I had 8 defective shoes out of the 6 i ordered...constantly getting more shoes sent, I ended up getting 60% plus more, off all the aldens I orders..... They also said they are handmade... which is bull shit, the quality should still be there... In the end I spent 900.oo dollars totals ish and got, Cordavan captoe, Indy, (3) long wings Black, Brown, Tab, and Plain toe boots... so the trouble was worth it since together that is over 3000.00 worth of shoes....

12. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

AT Fore Supply (1) 32oz jar is 14.82 plus 8 dollars shipping FYI

13. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

LDENS FOR SALE

if anyone is interested I've posted some 7.5D-8D shell cordovan ALDEN shoes for sale in the men's clothing classified.

14. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Several things went into my decision to sell my Ravello LWB. I purchased these shoes from NYR a while back and i'll admit they they are a much lighter color than my Ravello WT boots. As I wore the shoes the lighter brown really grew on me. My problem is that I have a pair of LWB in Cigar that get a lot of wear and a pair in tobacco calf that get equally as much wear. Also, when I look in my closet I have a pair of #8 LWB and a pair of Sand Suede LWB from Epaulet. My wife asked me the other day, "how many long wings do you need"? Really I have more than enough without the Ravellos. Second factor was the fit. A 9 D fits me pretty snug and I have a pair of 9E (the #8's) that fit the best but the Ravellos are a little lose on me. Last factor is that I really wanted to make some more purchases. I ordered some Cigar Indy Boots with all eyelets and a pair of Grant Lasted Captoe boots in #8. I wanted to free up some funds in order to make these purchases.

15. Renton

Renton Senior member

After months of waiting, my new pair of whiskey lwb arrived from the shoemart. While looking over the shoes, I couldn't help but notice this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like these are heading back to CT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.