• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Realize this doesn't answer your specific question, but Pitch Blend (which is really nice), is definitely going to help darken the natural CXL, if that's something you are looking for. If not, hopefully someone can speak to the Chelsea or maybe Picard's is better.

I have had the natural Tanker boots from Epaulet for about six weeks now. They have spend as much time in the woods as in the office. I have used both Montana Pitch and Lexol - there is a nice semi-dark patina developing. I do not plan on using boot cream or polish, not sure about the Chelsea product - you can use a little on the tongue where it doesn't really show to see the effect - if you like it or not.

Thanks for the replies. That's a good tip on trying things out on the tongue. I guess I would eventually want it to darken, but for now I'm thinking I'd like that to be a more gradual process.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. That's a good tip on trying things out on the tongue. I guess I would eventually want it to darken, but for now I'm thinking I'd like that to be a more gradual process.

This is generally the best choice, although it's important to protect and moisturize your leather as well.

Profligate47

Reaction score
Great shoes

I wish Alden would make a whiskey tassel

Thank you, Alcebiades! I'd go for Cigar in these...

Last edited:

Thor

Reaction score
Just doing a little X-mas shopping in San Francisco...

sorry for the poor pic...but its my cigar perf-toe w/antique edge trim...

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nay. I still like my share of calfskin shoe, just not Alden calfskin

Oh yes I know. I also don't buy Alden calf, but I make an exception for Chromexcel.

The French calf that many European makers use is much nicer.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
to be fair, I love Alden CXL, especially the recent LS Plaza wingtip boot. Its a beautiful make-up

JPFNY5

Reaction score
I do...blue suede tassels from Unionmade!
agreed on shell, you really can't stop. suede and the occasional chromexcel boot are really it beyond shell.

I love all the suede as well. I just wish they would make more BLUE shoes. A nice navy shell would be AWESOME!!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There you go.

(Also, would instakop that chesterfield in your sig, but it's too big for me. Any 42s should check out. Unbelievable price.)
thanks for the plug. Whenever I look at the coat, I think of NYR and his overcoats and #8 boots. Not cold enough in Cali to justify an overcoat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads