***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. applky

applky Senior member

Very nice! More glamor shots please.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011

2. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

New addition: Snuff suede ptb, barrie last, flex welt sole from the Alden Shop in San Francisco...

[​IMG]

I've ordered over the phone 3 times from Alden SF, and every time the service is magnificent.

Closet cleaning interest check: I have a sand suede flex welt chukka (9D, Leydon last) and a pair of AF102 (brown calf wingtip, commando sole, 9.5D, Leydon last) that I'm considering letting go. The AF102s would be a perfect fall/winter business casual shoe for here in Seattle, but there's just too much heel slippage. I'm willing to entertain offers for either pair as they don't get much wear.

3. JPFNY5

JPFNY5 Senior member

OK...Just 1 more !![​IMG]

4. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

OK...Just 1 more !![​IMG]

Now that's good stuff!

5. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

I'm pretty sure the conversation went exactly the same last year around this time.

I mean you have people paying hundreds of dollars and waiting 12+ months in advance for shoes. and people are wondering why they are increasing prices!

(as I said last year, their pricing should just be more dynamic - charge $1,000 for whiskey and ravello and super high demand items, but w/e they went another year without listening to me)

C&J already lists some shell for that high. I don't know how much of it they sell, but they know they can pick off wealthy people that way (people who are fine paying that much, and would prefer it over waiting a year). but you can also get it cheaper on sale through retailers, etc

6. Renalan

Renalan Senior member

I think the problem here is that C&Js quality/quality control is high enough to justify their prices. On the other hand, we've heard a lot about QC problems for Alden. Loose stitching, vamp coming loose, eyelet problemns etc.

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Cigar NST today:
    [​IMG]

8. REguy

REguy Senior member

^ Like this a lot, but wish you would've busted out the Fitzgeralds instead. So mad my size is gone :censored:

Are these EP trousers?

9. JPFNY5

JPFNY5 Senior member

VERY NICE !!

10. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

people been saying that stuff for years now. hasn't appeared to affect demand at all. so prices go up

11. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

I would be extremely surprised if Alden does a higher volume than AE. And yeah, Alden needs to get someone who is not 14 and from 1995 to design their website. Although it seems to be a trend for high quality clothiers to have shitty or nonexistent websites, so maybe that's what they're going for.

12. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Hey guys can someone reccomend a good leather conditioner for me.

I got the Leffot Indy CXL boots and the leather is cracking a bit in the mid foot area. I don't mind my boots looking lived and worn in, so some scuffs here and there is ok, but the cracking seems like a bit much, especially cosndiering that I have likely worn these boots 5-6 times top.

Thanks.

13. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Not true, unless Tom switched lasts.

14. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Saphir Renovateur. There is no substitute.

If you want something less expensive, Obenauf's LP. But Saphir is the best, hands down.

15. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

Just got my first jar of Reno today and used it on all of my shoes. That stuff smells amazing. I should probably stop trying to catch whiffs of it, though. My head is starting to hurt a bit...

Unfortunately it didn't fix the issue I had with my #8 shoes where one of them just won't shine up as well as the other. Gave it two coats of Reno followed by a good several minutes of buffing (after each coat) and still not much change, although a good bit of dirt came off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.