***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

I have no problem with a 8% increase if it meant that a large amount of shoes don't have to be sent back for bullshit QC issues. I'm skeptical though....

2. mtc2000

mtc2000 Senior member

Not absolutely sure. But I have the impression that AE would accept returns on anything you ordered on their web site, unworn, of course. To be sure, you should inquire customer service.

Just FYI, I am sort of a Barrie 9E, Trubalance 9D. I was sized by the sales associate and we arrived at a 9.5E for the walnut boots.

3. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

I think I'll go to the store to also get sized on them before placing an order too.

4. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

their prices are already pretty high especially for non shell versions. i think i'm going to buy like maybe two more pairs of shoes from them this year then look into other brands that don't annually raise their prices. that being said i already have a pair of whites made to order on the way :slayer: and some trickers made to order on the way.

5. JPFNY5

JPFNY5 Senior member

Leffot's new #8 with antique trim. As always, Steven did a fantastic job and I think the antique edge really makes them pop. First wearing for Christmas party. Great time for them!![​IMG][​IMG]

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

^^^

Like those a lot.

7. izach

izach Well-Known Member

This is really interesting. Alden ( and I have 8 or so Alden's pair) have been increasing the price annually, yet AE is keeping its pricing un changed for years.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Supply and demand. Look at the number of firms that are doing collaborations with Alden. I can't even think of one with AE.

9. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

I believe AE has done some work with Ralph Lauren (Sanderson, Saunders, etc)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  10. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Awesome pant / shoe combo. I'll probably run into you at Leffot one of these days

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

AE is getting smarter about this. New cordovan colors, collaborating with RL, etc

12. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I wouldn't be surprised if AE's volume is at a higher output than Alden. I actually expect that since they are sold at Nordstrom, which is a nationwide chain. It also seems that their stock is also full at most times so I assume they keep a good number in inventory.

With Alden, the only local store that carries the shoes is LSBH. All of my Aldens were bought online as the result of that.

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I wouldn't be surprised if AE's volume is at a higher output than Alden. I actually expect that since they are sold at Nordstrom, which is a nationwide chain. It also seems that their stock is also full at most times so I assume they keep a good number in inventory.

With Alden, the only local store that carries the shoes is LSBH. All of my Aldens were bought online as the result of that.

15. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

I have a pair of new Ravello Wingtip boots in a 9D Barrie last that I got recently from Shoemart and they fit considerably tighter than Longwings of the same size, especially across the instep. Anyone find they have to size up for Barrie wingtip boots compared to LW's?

I'm considering having a cobbler attempt to do an instep "stretch" on them but might I be better off selling them (and taking a loss) and getting new 9.5's?

Also, can anyone comment on sizing between Barrie Tanker NST boots compared to wingtip boots? I saw mention of NST possibly running a little narrower than other Barrie makeups...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.