***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zissou

zissou Senior member

Renalan- that dimple wouldn't bug me because it might disappear when it starts creasing. But, that dye mess on the right tongue would drive me crazy!

2. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I went.

The Trunk show starts tomorrow, when I was there at about 3pm they had one suede brogue in, but were waiting on 3 pairs of boots that didn't make the shipment, Bryan was freaking out to say the least. The VP of Alden was en route, I wasn't able to meet him, but I hope for LSBH's sake all the shoes come in by tomorrow.

3. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

You're a lucky man, Moo (Loden Unionmade Indy's). I saw those in person last weekend and they are easily the nicest Indy's I've ever come across. They were out of my size, so I couldn't buy. Enjoy.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011

4. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

Anyone??

5. rmspawn

rmspawn Senior member

I happen to wear the exact same size in the Trubalance (like your 405's) and Barrie (which I assume your long wings will be) lasts. If your 405's fit with enough room for boot socks, the 7.5D long wings should work for you.

6. wrinklefree

wrinklefree Well-Known Member

I wear 8D in the Trubalance and 8.5D in the Barrie.

7. applky

applky Senior member

Agreed. The majority of people wear the same size in the Trubalance as in the Barrie.

8. Leighlon

Leighlon Well-Known Member

Hey REguy,

Never did get a chance to say "Thanks" for this simple yet effective advice.

My wife though I was nuts when we went into the local Lowe's and I bought a few pads.

Using these with Mac's Method make buffing shell a breeze.

Thanks again.

JD

9. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

thanks man.. cause i know some people wear the same size on the barrie last and some upsize... so just checking with the rest... im planning to get the #8 lws...
    im wearing my alden indy with my uniqlo socks... think it will fit alright for the 7.5d for the barrie then..:)
    thanks guys

10. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

I disagree. Even if it is a natural imperfection of the shell, that imperfect portion should not have been placed front and center on the vamp - I have never seen such a thing on any shell shoe I have purchased, tried on or seen on display. That just reflects shoddy selection of materials, or possibly a post-manufacturing incident. You can easily get another pair of color 8 LWB's with no wait, so I would send them back. There is no reason to accept such a glaring flaw at the price you paid.

11. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

I would send back yesterday

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Hmmm... Alden's color 8 shoes tend to have the most issues (the sitching on my longwings is already coming out) given its one of their highest volumes. I would say send it back, there always seems to be #8 longings readily available in your size. If it were something like a ravello or cigar longwing, I would maybe say live with it

13. MattPol

MattPol Member

These are beautiful! Enjoy them!

14. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

I'm having second thoughts about my #8 chukkas. I put them on this morning and either the way the style fits or inconsistency in sizing, but I feel like it was far too big and just doesn't feel right! Should I try to lace them a little tighter? Thicker socks? Or just unload them (brand new, only worn on carpet, not creased - "break-in procedure" only) and get a cigar dress shoe instead?

15. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I hope Tom doesn't mind a potentially premature release on these, but I believe these will be available in store today. I pre-ordered them in my (impossible to get otherwise narrow) size around 18 months ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.