• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

i10casual

Reaction score
The better part of the leather is used for shoes. Saddle and gun holsters, we can use the belly and get away with it. With neatsfoot oil, I think the 100% might darken your leather. Maybe the other one for shoes. If no one here has tried it before then maybe use a little of the compound on a small part of the shoe to test it.

i10casual

Reaction score

Check this pic out from leffot. The chamois longwings next to the natural longwings looks great and seems to have more character in natural light: http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr...373902&Signature=Zpai2JYmg6EZxnO4yzW/nOqjq+A=

I picked up the Leffot chamois longwings. They look exactly like the photo here. Brown, greasy, and perfect for pisspoor weather. I really like them. I'll get some pics up soon.

I have not had experience with this heavily oiled leather so I messed around with it a little. So far I have found a good brushing will take out scratches and to a lesser extent, discoloration from being rubbed against something. I don't think I would use shoe polish on them though. I will try re-oiling them if they should need it later on.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there any store selling Cigar Indy boots with a commando sole? Leffot has some on order but all the 9D's are spoken for. Shoemart is out of stock and i'm not sure when they will be back in stock. Alden in NYC has Cigar Indys but they are not commando so that's a deal killer for me.

Alden on Madison will sell you the commando rubbers and send you around the corner to a reputable cobbler. It will cost more, but that is all the Alden commando sole is - I glued-on thin strip of rubber (a la Red Wing GT). Just ask the guys in the store.

BTW, just got some Cigar Indys from them, and their makeup is my second favorite (next to the all eyelet Epaulet) - eyes and hooks, double leather dress sole, barbour welt like the real indy, close block heel. Good for a suit or a motorcycle.

The commando sole and 360 degree welt make them too clunky for my taste. Madison Ave version is on point.

fitchottie

Reaction score
Im sorry but I got to Braggggggg.......Not to be an asshole....lol But I just got the Cordovan Captoe boot first quality for 323.00 Shipped and the plain toe boot for 249.00 Shipped from Jcrew both 12D..... I bought the Cordovan Strictly because the price is going up and I figure i can sell them......

ok enough with that....

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ummm....how did you get those prices? That is crazy.

fitchottie

Reaction score

ummm....how did you get those prices? That is crazy.

Long Story short, got three pairs all with issues.... I got the 3 pairs originally with 30% when they were offering... called up and said I would return to store.. Jcrew has a 7 day price match guarantee. Called back up when it went to 25%, they honored d my original price plus 25% off, and next day shipping, plus a quality inspection will be done to insure no issue.... I think someone said it a few pages back, you have to be patient will Aldens... I will say this it is a lot better to buy from a Big company like Jcrew for Aldens simply for the fact you can get good discounts if you work the system.....

That is my story for tonight.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone asked about the reverse tobacco. These are the Summer Oxford from Blackbird and I get quite a few compliments on them. Thought I would put them on for a solo dinner out of oysters and beer
a6934dac-0494-9e1a.jpg

a6934dac-04a7-f44a.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder why Alden hasn't made anything in natural shell. The only shoes I've seen in natural shell have been from Chausser (Japan).
chausser-c712-na1.jpg

tumblr_lc230kF3Lb1qdbn9do1_500.jpg

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wonder why Alden hasn't made anything in natural shell. The only shoes I've seen in natural shell have been from Chausser (Japan).
chausser-c712-na1.jpg

tumblr_lc230kF3Lb1qdbn9do1_500.jpg

Am I sensing the beginnings of an SF natural shell makeup? :smarmy:

advan031

Reaction score
I'd buy that natural shell in a heart beat.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how it would look as a saddle, paired with another shell color.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Getting more comfortable by the day...my left foot no longer feels like it's being stabbed by the tongue walking down stairs. What other Color 8 do you guys suggest?

good shine on your cap toe boots

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So according to your break in method I should wear them on carpeting 3 times for at least an hour to know if they fit. Do you suggest walking carefully so they don't get creased?

i believe not necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads