***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I only own 2 pairs of cordovan shoes at the moment (1 longwing and 1 wingtip boot), with another one preordered and hopefully on its way soon (ravello boot). So I'm definitely a small-timer compared to most others here, but I love the ones I have and I can't wait to get more. The leather feels a little tougher than calf at first (especially in a boot IMO), but once it starts breaking in and molds to your foot then it's pretty incredible. I love looking down at my feet and seeing cordovan there. Look at a guy like Mac, who posts pics of a different cordovan shoe every day, so it's definitely something that you will love once you start. Get your first pair and you'll probably never look back.

2. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

Chorizo-fied J. Crew #8 cap toes in the wild. APC petit standards and camp socks.

[​IMG]

3. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Wearing my LS short wings again. Once last week and again this week. So, another pic of them
    [​IMG][
    /quote]

Like the socks (and shoes too). Where are they from and are they OTC?

4. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

the lighter welt reminds me of a couple of the mcnairy boots I have. I think these came out really, really well, man

5. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Socks are Pantherella from Nordstrom if memory serves, or was it Mr. Porter? Sorry, just not sure.

6. konadog

konadog Senior member

put up a pair of lovely 553 tassel loafers in B&S. i really like the shoes but have been more partial to boots i can ride my motorcycle with. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  7. seer

seer Senior member

Hello guys, thanks for all the input about cordovan. I think I will stick with calf leather (I know how to live with calf leather), plus I really like the new Leffot Greenwich Boot II - I should call and see if they still have them in 10D.

8. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

good call, especially if you have an addictive personality

9. seer

seer Senior member

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Hmmm... returning to the earlier discussion of the uniqueness of special makeups from Alden, saw this teaser on the Leather Soul website, billed as "a classic LS edition." Can't really see the whole thing, of course, but it looks an awful lot like the two #8 wingtip boots with natural edge trim at Epaulet and Unionmade. I suppose it's just possible that this one is cigar, of course.
    [​IMG]

11. REguy

REguy Senior member

Looks like cigar and Plaza to me.

12. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

It's funny you use the word "teaser" because Leathersoul is notorious for posting images of an
    "available" shoe, days or even a week after they offer them to select customers and pre-orders. However by then, they areusually sold out. Unless you have had a multitude of purchases with them, it's difficult to even get on a pre-order list. And then when you broach the subject of a cordovan pre-order, their assholes pucker up as they try to find the polite way to say "sir, those shoes are for our 'regular' customers"

14. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior member

Here's a bit more casual shoe for everyone. Alden Ranger Moc in Tobacco w/ crepe sole from Winn Perry. Little dirty on the way in here in OH.

[​IMG]

15. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

It's tough - think about it from the retailer's perspective. Rare shells are going to sell out regardless - they get posted on forums like this, customers call in from around the world, etc. I've never heard of a retailer having to discount anything in cigar, whiskey, ravello, etc. The amount of shoes available to retailers are limited, and retailers can't mark them up to appropriately reflect demand. Leather Soul probably has many dudes buying MTO Edward Greens 4 pair at a time, those same customers may want access to Alden special makeups too, Leather Soul is going to reward them with first access.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.