• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good god, man. Where were you one week ago? I completely forgot they gave me a price adjustment. I refunded the tassels thinking they were $400+.

Edit-what are you doing stalking my posts?

Last edited:

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMG_5377.jpg

Lovin' this, especially with the black laces. Where were these from again?

EDIT: nevermind, looks like Epaulet. =)

Last edited:

seer

Reaction score
Thank you. The stitching did not start out like that. It was quite bright white, but after several months of wear, tear, and care it began to fade. Letting it wear like that is part of the appeal for me.

My care procedure is as follows: Apply a small amount of Alden Neutral Boot Cream regularly -- minimum twice a month. Rub in, let sit, and shine. When a high shine is desired, I follow the boot cream with Venetian Shoe Cream (which I did above), rub in, and brush vigorously. That's all Chromexcel needs to look good. I don't polish, as mentioned. About once a winter, I apply Montana Pitch-Blend to weatherize the shoes. That does take away from Chromexcel's ability to shine up well, but it's worth the weather protection, obviously.

For shell, I do something similar, except sub in Saphir Renovateur for the boot cream above, and omit the Montana Pitch-Blend. To protect your shells from weather, the Madison Ave store sells something called Cordovan Protector, but I haven't tried it. I find that a post-wear Mac method gets all the water spots out of my shells anyway.

Hope this helps. Was that clear?
Yes - very clear - thank you...

Leighlon

Reaction score
OK, so here's my 4 Aldens in 2 weeks.

Leffot Day Tripper, Leffot Atom #4, Unionmade Beale Cordovan Cigar, All Eyelet Cigar Indy Alden NYC.

These are just out of the boxes so nothing is cleaned or polished. Like a kid in a candy store here.

Thanks to Steve for making my trip to NYC memorable, and showing me the Unicorn of shell.

Also thanks for all the posts from Mac and everyone else for getting me interested in shell from Alden.

JD

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leffot Day Tripper, Leffot Atom #4, Unionmade Beale Cordovan Cigar, All Eyelet Cigar Indy Alden NYC.

These are just out of the boxes so nothing is cleaned or polished.  Like a kid in a candy store here.

Thanks to Steve for making my trip to NYC memorable, and showing me the Unicorn of shell.

Also thanks for all the posts from Mac and everyone else for getting me interested in shell from Alden.

JD

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you just made me feel like a 16 year old in high school again who just got off the school bus in time to see the rich kid with the new license drive into the parking lot with his M3.

That said, enjoy all of them and if they are in the size 11-12 range and you want to sell, IB4 Namor. :slayer:

EDIT: 19,000 replies in this thread. Do I win any kind of Alden discount for this?

Last edited:

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

come again?

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are just out of the boxes so nothing is cleaned or polished.  Like a kid in a candy store here.

JD

Dear God. Mine eyes have seen the glory.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the cat is out of the bag

Atom
Color 4
Tremont Last
Single leather sole

My two ravellos are thrown in for comparison. Color 4 is darker and a bit redder.

REguy

Reaction score
^I bet Steven's phone will be busy tomorrow. How much are they going for?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads