***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

nothing abnormal here

2. hkpm

hkpm Senior member

So if I want to remove it, just apply wax and brush them out?

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  4. mens gaga

mens gaga Well-Known Member

I think that the best will apply cream in the new shoes.
    If you want to better for your shoes,I think that what is necessary is just to perform this method.

In case shoe is almost new, [FONT=MS ゴシック, Osaka-等幅]apply cream includes little oil.
    In case shoe is old, apply cream ihcludes more oil.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=MS ゴシック, Osaka-等幅]If you use wax on shoe,Wax shoud apply on only toe and heel.
    Because,If apply wax on
    [/FONT]whole of shoe,Leather can't breathing.
    It is no good.

5. mens gaga

mens gaga Well-Known Member

Deleted​

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  6. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

I'm sure Alden's intention is to avoid duplication of styles between their retailers. In fact, Alden has shown strong loyalty to retail partners in terms of giving exclusivity privileges for things like online distribution, offering factory seconds, or making shoes on the Modified or Military lasts. I think it's more likely a case of the factory being so swamped with orders that things can slip through the cracks. Every style request does have to get approved by the president but I'm sure he has a lot on his plate!

7. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Appreciate the note and heads up about Copley, I am in Boston (live in newburyport). I haven't been to the Copley JCrew in years. I had no idea they even carried Alden in stores outside of Manhattan! I'm in town a couple days/week. I'll have to check out the copley store.

Now should I just treat myself to these boots?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  8. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Yeah, Alden scams us here in the US by not allowing Moulded Shoe to do Modified Last shell makeups. Very few other retailers have rights to the modified in the US, and they don't usually do any special makeups on it (Shoemart does one or two, that's it). I don't think any US retailers carry the military last, right?

Shoemart having the seconds makes sense - they're down the road and have been able to handle selling the seconds for a long time.

9. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

Every time Gaga shows his whiskey indys, I get more impatient waiting for a pair.

Show us more!

10. applky

applky Senior member

Yes, I'd heard that about special make ups. With the burst in Alden's popularity, Arthur Tarlow must be looking at quite a few. I wonder if any special make ups have made their way into Alden's stock rotation.

You're right, of course, and I believe there's another, more instrumental reason for Shoemart having seconds -- which is to say, not only are they close to Alden and have the warehouse to handle it, but I believe it's also because they have the raw capital power to buy hundreds of seconds from Alden at a time, at the drop of a hat; and also that their stock Alden sales are robust. (Of course, I'm sure other Alden stockists "have the money," or whatever.) Aside from the Alden branded stores and LS, Shoemart has the most extensive stock program I've ever seen (perhaps more extensive than even those stores), and has the customer base who would want to buy a stock Alden second. At least for my sizes, at minimum 80% of the seconds I see are stock Aldens.

EDIT: Would be interested to see more Modified Last shell makeups as well. Speaking of Shoemart, one of the best Modified make ups I've seen is their waterloc plain toe Natural Chromexcel boot on the Modified. That last worked very well for the plain toe boot.

11. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Please see my movement:

Alden Modified Last Shell Petition

Also, the store that sells the most Aldens in the world is the Madison Ave. Store (FYI). Shoemart sells far more Aldens in stock form than LS.

12. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Absolutely not! Drag this out for another month or so - and then beat yourself up about the fact that you could have got them on sale. And make sure you share every change in mood you have with all of us, because it's a compelling read.

13. applky

applky Senior member

Posted in your petition thread. Feel free to add my name. And your information re Madison Ave store and Shoemart sounds like exactly what I would suspect. LS seems to have good sales of stock Aldens, but the real draw (at least from where I sit) is their special makeups.

14. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

The funny part is that they're till two toned!

15. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

haha this is funny.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.