• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Regarding the J. Crew Plain Toe boots, may I ask for advice about sizing? How do they fit?
For the only references, I wear an 11.5D in my Allen-Edmonds Clifton and a 44 in my Common Projects Tournaments.
Additionally, I once owned a pair of Alden suede chukkas. They were sized 10E or 10.5E and though I thought they fit when trying them on at the Alden store in NYC, the right shoe ended up with awkward fit, so I had to sell them.
Do I take an 11 or 11.5 in the plain toes?

You're in NYC, why don't you just go try them on at the Liquor Store?

Another route is to use the red phone inside a local J. Crew and order both pairs. Return the pair you don't want and you will get 100% of your money back since shipping will be free anyway.

I have no idea how AE sizes run, but if I were a betting man, I'd say you're a size 11.

mcbrown

Reaction score

photo-12.jpg

Today, after a clean-up and a lace exchange.

The boots look great now - yet another example of shell's resilience. But the laces I cannot abide...

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The boots look great now - yet another example of shell's resilience. But the laces I cannot abide...

Laces give off the Tricker's vibe, which Aldens can't pull off because they're too traditional looking.

REguy

Reaction score
Last edited:

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
went to the shoemart today and was told that alden doesn't make a cigar longwing in an E width. I told him they do, and I own them (returning them because the edge trim is too dark), but he said I was wrong.

found it entertaining

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

went to the shoemart today and was told that alden doesn't make a cigar longwing in an E width. I told him they do, and I own them (returning them because the edge trim is too dark), but he said I was wrong.
found it entertaining

should send him a link

Costa

Reaction score
Quick question; I recently purchased Shell Chukka's in size 10 about a month ago which I believe are Barrie last. Looking to pick up Alden 4060 Color 8 Cordovan Boot in the Aberdeen last:

http://www.skyvalet1.com/Alden-4060-CH-Color-8-Cordovan-Boot_p_214.html

What is the opinion on sizing between these two lasts?

Was always shocked I was a 10 in Alden, as I just picked up a pair of AE Fifth Street last week, and was sized an 11. I always thought it was 1/2 size down.

Thank you from a very grateful long time lurker.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quick question; I recently purchased Shell Chukka's in size 10 about a month ago which I believe are Barrie last. Looking to pick up Alden 4060 Color 8 Cordovan Boot in the Aberdeen last:

http://www.skyvalet1.com/Alden-4060-CH-Color-8-Cordovan-Boot_p_214.html

What is the opinion on sizing between these two lasts?

Was always shocked I was a 10 in Alden, as I just picked up a pair of AE Fifth Street last week, and was sized an 11. I always thought it was 1/2 size down.

Thank you from a very grateful long time lurker.

check signature for alden sizing chart

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4hvzn.jpg

ravello wt boot
argyles otc

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When does theShoemart have their sale? Iirc, its in the beginning of each each. Eying a pair but am willing to wait for 10% off

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
16k6tmb.jpg

brown horse bit loafer
argyles otc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads