• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynahFaithful

Reaction score

^ Alden makes the NST, the shoe is made as a plain toe, then the stitching is applied so the bundling of leather could cause a slightly tighter fit. I had to go to an E width on this shoe just to fit into it. I mentioned this a little while back and got this information from Tom. What's funny is that the an E width on my NST shoe actually measures narrower than my LWB with a D width.

I have two pairs of Alden's on the Barrie, one is the Chromexcel NST, and the other is the AlanC contest boot and I agree that the NST is narrower than the boot, particularly in the toebox.

Edit - Both are 11.5B.

Last edited:

mugatu

Reaction score
quick question: do alden indies come with dust bags? i just received some 403's from union with nada inside..

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

quick question: do alden indies come with dust bags? i just received some 403's from union with nada inside..

I can't speak about the 403's specifically, but when I bought my 405s about 3 years ago they came stuffed in a smaller brown Trubalance box. They were dropped shipped directly from Alden and came in plastic bags but no felt bags. They're designed as orthopedic work boots. Work boots don't come with felt bags.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ My 403's from The Shoe Mart didn't come with dust bags either, just plastic bags. Does Alden make a dust bag specifically for boots? I'm not sure my other bags would be big enough to fit these clunkers in there.

velomane

Reaction score

I find it strange that I sold Kudu Indys, navy suede ptbs and formerly whiskey-now-something-else-longwings but i have yet to receive a single offer for a pair of ravello chukkas worn 4 times.
not trying to plug my sale, but I think they were my favorite of the bunch. LOVE ravello

And if they were my size, they would have been sold long ago. Agreed- LOVE RAVELLO

LynahFaithful

Reaction score

^ My 403's from The Shoe Mart didn't come with dust bags either, just plastic bags. Does Alden make a dust bag specifically for boots? I'm not sure my other bags would be big enough to fit these clunkers in there.

My Indy's from LSW came with dust bags. They are sitting right here in my office and they are 15" tall by 12" wide.

i10casual

Reaction score

My 403's did not have the dust bags. My Brixtons did though and I bought both from Epaulet. So it must be a work boot thing.

ozzyboo

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the tobacco chamois Aldens? OK in the rain or no?

MickCollins1916

Reaction score

My chromexcel Indys from J Crew came in the normal green Alden box, in plastic, with dustbags.

Does anyone have any experience with the tobacco chamois Aldens? OK in the rain or no?

Wearing my tobacco chamois Indy boots w/crepe sole right now in a steady D.C. rain. Huge fan!

HorseHide

Reaction score

Didn't realize the cigar LWs at alden shop in SF are with the darker edge trim (97896) vs the lighter 97894
amazing how different those 2 shoes look just with a change in edge trim. love the lighter edge. not a fan of the darker one at all

Agree (same issue on the Ravello PTB). With the antique (lighter) welting and edge trim the shoe is beautiful - the darker welting/edge trim doesn't cut it.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Didn't realize the cigar LWs at alden shop in SF are with the darker edge trim (97896) vs the lighter 97894
amazing how different those 2 shoes look just with a change in edge trim. love the lighter edge. not a fan of the darker one at all

it's an easy fix and doesn't cost an arm and leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads