• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the advice of this thread, I sent my Whiskey longwings back to Alden because of the 2-tone color. They arrived there on 10/24. How long until I can realistically expect some sort of contact from them about the shoes?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On the advice of this thread, I sent my Whiskey longwings back to Alden because of the 2-tone color. They arrived there on 10/24. How long until I can realistically expect some sort of contact from them about the shoes?

I will get on the phone with them. There is no reason you have not heard form them if they arrived on the 24th of last month. That is just poor customer service.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wa6hah.jpg

cigar utip
argyles otc

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will get on the phone with them. There is no reason you have not heard form them if they arrived on the 24th of last month. That is just poor customer service.

called, left a message. Do they return calls?

poena

Reaction score

They pulled down the j crew indy as well..
man, I was tempted to get the plain to blucher but they only have 11....

ah damn...i have been waiting for a good deal on an indy boot.
if I am wearing AE Strands in 8EEE what size Indy boot should I go with?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Honestly, they may have sent you a new pair...I'd wait until next week then give them a call, I've never waited for a call back beyond one day.

kippy

Reaction score
I always wondered why they called Alden LWB "gunboats". Then I saw this old Florsheim illustration. Now I understand:

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question regarding polishing cordovan shoes:

I received a tin of black Alden paste wax today, but my horsehair brush won't get here until Friday. Unfortunately, I'm leaving for a competition on Thursday, and won't receive my horsehair brush until after I've left.

Can I go ahead and polish my shoes and skip the "brushing" step, or is it advisable for me to just go with less-shiny shoes?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they're fairly new cordovan shoes, just wipe them with a damp cloth and give them a good buffing. You really shouldn't polish them much.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The suede chukkas are great for light rain. I wear mine all the time in raining weather. I sprayed then with protector when I first got them, but that is it and they still look good after almost 2 years.

If you'd be so kind, could you maybe post a pic or two of your chukkas after 2 years of wear? Curious to see how they hold up

Two Shoes

Reaction score
If I'm a 9.5E in Trubalance, what would I be in Barrie? Would a 10D be unreasonable (I'm looking at buying a specific pair in 10D)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads