Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. false

false Senior member

My contribution to this great thread! Hi-Res pics from Winn Perry... ENJOY

Winn Perry x Alden Round 3 (Model 40712H)

[​IMG]

Do you actually have these and can post a review? They look significantly different from anything else out there. Wish they were true balance! Nice looking shoe though.

2. scb

scb Senior member

For me.. This is all I want for Christmas!!!![​IMG]

wearing mine today

3. breakz

breakz Senior member

Do you actually have these and can post a review? They look significantly different from anything else out there. Wish they were true balance! Nice looking shoe though.
    They look like Context's Roy with a captoe but minus the crepe sole. Not to detract from them, though--they're beautiful boots.

4. rick

rick Senior member

i got them yesterday, and what is weird is a am a 10.5d on all barrie last, and these feel very tight. if anyone could shed some light on why i would be a diff size on these? i have about six other pairs of aldens on barrie and they fit fine. the reason i bought them is because i wanted a captoe on barrie. the leather is ok, the boot is not as clunky as my other barrie boots. if i had a choice i would like them a lot better if they wers shell. so i would say there ok but nothing great.

5. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

Thanks for the advice. Cigar is a light color?

Saw the discussion on cordovan water spotting a few pages back, figured I would join in. To begin with, Cigar shell is one of the darker cordovan colors that Alden uses. Darker than both whiskey and revello for sure, it is a dark brown, beautiful stuff. Anyways I have a pair of balmoral oxfords in cigar shell and they will definitely get waterspots from rain. I always avoid wearing these shoes in the rain for sure, but if they do get wet the trick is to make sure you have some kind of cloth with you that you can dry them off immediately. If you can dry them off as soon as they get wet they are fine, but if they get a little bit of water on them and it sits for longer than a few minutes they will spot. Alden of Carmel has some recipe for water-proofing cordovan on their website, I dunno how well it works as I have never tried it. http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/

6. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

not at all, although it does look cramped in this picture. prob because of the angle i shot it from.
    i'm a 12d, these are 11.5 and fit very well

Your big toe doesn't feel cramped in these?

7. arrow

arrow Senior member

i got them yesterday, and what is weird is a am a 10.5d on all barrie last, and these feel very tight. if anyone could shed some light on why i would be a diff size on these? i have about six other pairs of aldens on barrie and they fit fine. the reason i bought them is because i wanted a captoe on barrie. the leather is ok, the boot is not as clunky as my other barrie boots. if i had a choice i would like them a lot better if they wers shell. so i would say there ok but nothing great.

I got the USPS email that they're on route, so I'll post pics when I get them. Jordan from Winn Perry advised me to size 1/2 down from my Indy size (9D)... so let's hope it fits.

8. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

i talked to alden today, asking if putting a welt stitch through an insole was standard practice for a repair. the woman i spoke with said she didn't know but that if Ed at shoemart did it she had full confidence in it.

the photo below was taken after wearing these in the slush for a few hours today. not exactly confidence inspiring.

waiting to hear back from Shoemart about it... [​IMG]

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

yikes

10. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

anyone know where you can get some burgundy in color alden indys?

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

#8 Shell or burgundy calf?

12. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

but can you get these form alden or do you need to find a collab with some store?

13. TasselsHongKong

TasselsHongKong Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen something similar to the Context Roy but in this color/finish? That would be the perfect boot, IMO.

[​IMG]

This pair of Boots is actually the NST Whiskey Boots for us[​IMG]
    Surprisingly we still have two pairs left. Feel free to contact us for them.

BTW we also have these bad boys
    #8 Indy Boots
    [​IMG]

14. davidschlott

davidschlott Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a place in the Houston, Austin, or Dallas area where I could try on a pair of Indys?

Thanks!

15. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

How much do they go for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.