• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

false

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arrow
My contribution to this great thread! Hi-Res pics from Winn Perry... ENJOY

Winn Perry x Alden Round 3 (Model 40712H)

4169045331_fff6a86b34_o.jpg

Do you actually have these and can post a review? They look significantly different from anything else out there. Wish they were true balance! Nice looking shoe though.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by false
Do you actually have these and can post a review? They look significantly different from anything else out there. Wish they were true balance! Nice looking shoe though.
They look like Context's Roy with a captoe but minus the crepe sole. Not to detract from them, though--they're beautiful boots.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by false

i got them yesterday, and what is weird is a am a 10.5d on all barrie last, and these feel very tight. if anyone could shed some light on why i would be a diff size on these? i have about six other pairs of aldens on barrie and they fit fine. the reason i bought them is because i wanted a captoe on barrie. the leather is ok, the boot is not as clunky as my other barrie boots. if i had a choice i would like them a lot better if they wers shell. so i would say there ok but nothing great.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Thanks for the advice. Cigar is a light color?

Saw the discussion on cordovan water spotting a few pages back, figured I would join in. To begin with, Cigar shell is one of the darker cordovan colors that Alden uses. Darker than both whiskey and revello for sure, it is a dark brown, beautiful stuff. Anyways I have a pair of balmoral oxfords in cigar shell and they will definitely get waterspots from rain. I always avoid wearing these shoes in the rain for sure, but if they do get wet the trick is to make sure you have some kind of cloth with you that you can dry them off immediately. If you can dry them off as soon as they get wet they are fine, but if they get a little bit of water on them and it sits for longer than a few minutes they will spot. Alden of Carmel has some recipe for water-proofing cordovan on their website, I dunno how well it works as I have never tried it. http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not at all, although it does look cramped in this picture. prob because of the angle i shot it from.
i'm a 12d, these are 11.5 and fit very well

Originally Posted by AlSailor
Your big toe doesn't feel cramped in these?

arrow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
i got them yesterday, and what is weird is a am a 10.5d on all barrie last, and these feel very tight. if anyone could shed some light on why i would be a diff size on these? i have about six other pairs of aldens on barrie and they fit fine. the reason i bought them is because i wanted a captoe on barrie. the leather is ok, the boot is not as clunky as my other barrie boots. if i had a choice i would like them a lot better if they wers shell. so i would say there ok but nothing great.

I got the USPS email that they're on route, so I'll post pics when I get them. Jordan from Winn Perry advised me to size 1/2 down from my Indy size (9D)... so let's hope it fits.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i talked to alden today, asking if putting a welt stitch through an insole was standard practice for a repair. the woman i spoke with said she didn't know but that if Ed at shoemart did it she had full confidence in it.

the photo below was taken after wearing these in the slush for a few hours today. not exactly confidence inspiring.

waiting to hear back from Shoemart about it...
405repair.jpg

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know where you can get some burgundy in color alden indys?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
#8 Shell or burgundy calf?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but can you get these form alden or do you need to find a collab with some store?

TasselsHongKong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Has anyone seen something similar to the Context Roy but in this color/finish? That would be the perfect boot, IMO.

P1080513.jpg

This pair of Boots is actually the NST Whiskey Boots for us
laugh.gif

Surprisingly we still have two pairs left. Feel free to contact us for them.

BTW we also have these bad boys
#8 Indy Boots
40508HC+Indy+Boot.gif

davidschlott

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place in the Houston, Austin, or Dallas area where I could try on a pair of Indys?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads