• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
zippyh, how did you get that mark on your black boot? I got some used shoes cheap once with an imprint/mark just like that. I've always wondered what caused it.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

zippyh, how did you get that mark on your black boot? I got some used shoes cheap once with an imprint/mark just like that. I've always wondered what caused it.

It's just a greasy fingerprint that caught the light.
I haven't even worn the black ones yet.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I didn't have a pair of black shell LWBs already, the J. Crew's version would be a no brainer.

I think PTBs in lighter shells are my favorite now. I wore my whiskey PTBs today and love the waves formed at the front. I hope my cigars get in sooner than later. :embar:

ChessDan

Reaction score
How would Alden 403/405 Indy boots fair with Sno-Seal or Obenauf's?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ i dont like the waves at all. i like a little one but the barrie waves are too big for me. Actually, I just sold my plaza lasted boots because of this - waves were too big. Will probably size down a half size in the future

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An emergency came up and I need the money. Also, this pair fit too tight on my right foot (damn bunion!).

Good call. I don't know how some of these dudes are buying expensive (well middle tier level) shoes and clothes while making not so much money or no money saved up. Good luck on your situation.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ zero debt. little to no expenses. well paying job. single, enjoying my youth. I know this is all going to come to a screeching halt when I get married.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ zero debt. little to no expenses. well paying job. single, enjoying my youth. I know this is all going to come to a screeching halt when I get married.

+1,000,000.

I was thinking about this the other day. If my baby vomits on an expensive sweater, I'd be super pissed. So when that time comes, I guess it's back to Gap and such. :satisfied:

My friend told me that he was balling a lot more when he was making $75-85k as a single, as oppose now to making about $300k and being married with 3 kids.

Lesson to take home: Don't get married until your salary is in the 7 figure range. Or married with a rich lady. Or prepare to go back to buying non-balling stuff. Or stay single.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is basically my situation, but replace great paying job (working on it) with okay paying internship.

^^ Thanks wj4.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Snuff is darker in certain light. They rarely look very orangey, like some pictures show. These are really dead on. I'm liking how some retailers are branching out from the Barrie. Aberdeen is really sharp for a boot.

Is he sold out on these already? I might get these,aberdeen is my favorite last and these look great but his website lists size 9 only.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is he sold out on these already? I might get these,aberdeen is my favorite last and these look great but his website lists size 9 only.

Agreed aberdeen is an extremely nice last. I still think that plaza lasted boots look the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads