1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I meant to say Hong Kong - original post is edited

2. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

ok, thanks -

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  3. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Kudu is increasingly looking like a must own leather. I may get in the longwings when they are back next fall/winter...

4. mtc2000

mtc2000 Senior member

5. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

6. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Just contact Wallace at Tassels. You can get the e-mail from the web. I ordered both the Obscura boot and shoe form them and did it all over the net. They are very easy to deal with and ship fast.

7. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

They are very nice; I kicking myself a little bit for not ordering them from Leffot last month -
    The Bureau has them now in limited sizes, and I like the antique edge on them -
    [​IMG]

8. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

9. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

just out of curiosity, was the mark up pretty bad (i.e. to over $1,000)? If so, that counts me out -

10. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

thanks for the info!!

11. abam

abam Senior member

12. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

hello all
    did any one get barrie last indy boot in color 8 that alden sf recently made?

thanks

13. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I would consider ordering but I already own the RL Darlton (which is basically the same shoe as this with better construction and can be had for ~475 twice a year). We really need to do a balmoral order in cigar, ravello or whiskey...

14. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Wallace is boss

They quoted me ~875 for some whiskey NST boots (I couldn't use them, not my size)

For US based guys, it can be worth paying the markup for some of their special makeups (I'll pay to get the captoe boot in barrie vs grant, for example), but there are obviously other options for more basic Aldens

15. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Horween brown shell cordovan

[​IMG]

Cigar, Ralph Lauren dark brown, color 4, ravello

Color 4 and ravello are the closest - ravello has more orange tones, color 4 has more darker mahogany/burgundy tones
    Cigar is a real rich milk chocolate tone
    RL's dark brown alternates a bit between a basic dark brown and a dark caramel color

The ravello longwings are the newest addition, thanks to a big tax return and Steven at Leffot having a pair available fo me... Atoms for work, longwings for play

16. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I actually have been in contact with Mike and he is posting a cigar LWB on a double oiled sole next week for pre-order. It will be like their Natural CXL LWB, but with cigar. It should be up mid-week. He wanted to first take care of the Obscura pre-order.

17. Thor

Thor Senior member

Yesterday was a Good Day for #8....

My "beater" Indy boots- the only shell boots I will walk the dog in on anything other than pavement...in this case an old fire road...they are dusty and in severe need of brushing...please don't let Mac see these...(there are some serious scuffs- the one on the right came from tripping on old rough cement stairs that literally gouged the leather- I am skeptical that brushing will be enough to take care of it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

From the info i have gathered from the replies for my queries as to the right sizing for my longwings bluchers, i am thinking of sizing down from 10D to 9D since the 10D sized pair is able to fit a single finger at the back of the heel. This is based of the "one U.S. size is 1/3 of an inch" info in one of the earlier post here. Does this sound right or am i down sizing way too much for a finger's width of space?

Appreciate your input guys. Thanks to those that have read and responded to my post earlier.

19. bburkava

bburkava Well-Known Member

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

this sounds about right. I will adjust a half size if I need to "tweak" the fit. like if a shoe is too narrow, i will size up a half size. or if the shoe is slightly loose, ill size down a half size. If you can fit an entire finger, then size down one size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.