***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

check my website

2. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Beautiful boot - FYI you need to update the text (title is ok) on your website (the description still refers to Ravello)

3. lambchop

lambchop Well-Known Member

Thanks, the Indy toe stitching is cosmetic only so it won't hurt the boot if you break a couple stitches. I asked about that when I had regular Indys.

4. lambchop

lambchop Well-Known Member

namor, your cap-toes are looking good.

5. stroke5

stroke5 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I might be able to find captoe dress shoes (blucher or bal) on the Barrie last? I know LeatherSoul had one or two custom makeups but I think they're sold out. Looking for an 8.5D or 9D. Thanks in advance.

6. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Alden DC has a few makeups that might be what you are looking for as of this afternoon when I stopped by to pick up Cigar Captoe boots on the Grant last. Give them a call.

7. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

I'm really liking the recent forays into Color 8 with natural or antiqued edgetrim...the LWB, Leffot Tankers, Leathersoul shortwings, and now these Brixton boots.

Now if someone can bring in some Color 8 Indys with natural or antiqued edgetrim + commando soles....that would really be something!

(I wouldn't be mad about a black Pebble/Alpine-grain Indy with antiqued edgetrim either.)

8. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Would anyone be interested in a pair lightly worn Alden JCrew plaintoe bluchers (barrie last, 8D) for a good price? I picked them up from a member and theyre a tad too small. have been worn a few times and I had toe taps and heel taps installed. Shoot me a pm if anything.

9. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

The Shoemart seconds list had a number of captoes supposedly on the Barrie last in my size (not the same as your size). You might try to look for the seconds list in your size and see if there are any available.

10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ Agreed, I'm really digging the trim on these Brixton boots, but I still think I'm going to go for the Ravello version over these.

11. trunks206

trunks206 Senior member

Unless you already preordered them I think they are all spoken for besides a size 12. Might be a long wait for a re-reorder.

NAMOR: Again sweet captoes.

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

that's right....those 12's are mine, just put the order in :slayer:

13. trunks206

trunks206 Senior member

:slayer:

14. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

The short answer is wear them. They are boots that are as good or better made as the ones soldiers wore in WWI, every day in the snow, mud, heat and doing all kinds of labor intensive tasks.

BUT, If they are new why risk getting water spots. I have a pair of black cordovan boots that I wear in the rain and snow and they now have what we call water spots. I knew that this could happen and am not mad, and i still wear them all the time. But would it bother you if this happened? Scuffs and scratches can be smoothed out….I have seen this. Some people never get water spots….some people say their water spots go away….but what if you get them and they never go away?

As for hiking a light trail these boots would be as good as or better than most boots out there. If it is not going to rain and the trail is good I would just wear them. You sure will not have to worry about a snake biting through them! :nodding:

15. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    color 8 tassels
    argyles otc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.