1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

i'm in

2. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Question- for general buffing of shell, is a flannel cloth better or a microfiber cloth better (in addition to horsehair brush)?

3. Profligate47

Profligate47 Senior member

I wear a 10.5 D Barrie and just bought these Kudu PTBs for Yenni at J. Gilbert in an 11D. I sized up for the elongated toes...

[​IMG]

4. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    good shine on your good looking indy with argyles

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

good looking gunboats

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

which ever works for you!

7. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

8. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

:crazy::facepalm: ...that guy has style but c'mon! This is getting stupid.

Whats next...half a moustache?!? Sunglasses: Half wayfarer half aviator?!?!?!?!?

9. Towncar

Towncar Member

Must agree. Wooster has style and puts together some real interesting combinations, but I often wonder, "what the fuck is Nick wearing?"

10. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Very nice! I'm sure Yenni will love 'em.

11. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

no reason for profanity

12. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

thanks for the suggestions, i've looked at both of those and i was initially leaning towards the shoemart grant lasted boot. i'd rather have all eyelets, so the union made one is out. i was just curious as to what the alden sf boot looked like.

speaking of alden sf, i've never been in the store, but they've always been super helpful over the phone. i've ordered 4 shoes from them now, and they always get shipped promptly, for free, with no sales tax. i didn't really mind that they wouldn't email a picture.

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

The replacement #8 cap toe boots arrived today, and they're perfect- no strange wrinkles, no loose speed hooks, and not tried on by anyone. In comparison, the first pair I received were seconds at best.

That's because the sole of the Pitts is smaller since it doesn't have a storm welt. Personally, I love the look of storm welts on shell shoes.

14. Towncar

Towncar Member

I mean no one offense, and believe we're above shock value, but that IS what runs through my mind. I will be more euphemistic in future.

15. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior member

16. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

The names that these stores are putting on these make ups are getting ridiculous: "Blackbird Christopherson's Creamery Milkman Boot" :fu:

"Navy Blucher High Boot - plain toe - perforated quarter detailing at the ankle" sounds so much less silly.

17. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

what are you saying? you don't want to admit that you are wearing a $500 version of the boots your parent's milkman used to wear

18. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yeah, J Crew even rushed them to me, which was nice.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  19. newbiealden

newbiealden Senior member

All - I have been eyeing a pair of shell boot seconds from the shoemart the whole week.

I tried the seconds previously in chromexcel and was disappointed to find a pretty big scratched (finish was completely torn away).

I know they have a great return policy - but don't want to waste 20 bucks on shipping.

What is your experience with shell seconds? your worst stories would be appreciated - that way i can stop buying shoes!

thanks

20. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

If anyone is interested I am selling (2) Black Aldens both (12 D) (1) is the Alpine Long Wing for Jcrew @ 300.00 or best offer.... (1) 9901 @ 350.00 or best offer.... Just Fyi... Pics are posted in the sale section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.