1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

barrie last

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

good looking boots, enjoy wearing

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    good looking boots with argyles

4. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nick at bnelson does excellent work

5. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

I neec want a pair of these… stunning with denim.

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

even better with wool trousers, cords or khakis

7. Atcmg8803

Atcmg8803 Member

-- Ugh. You are right. Plenty. I have been battling with what to get next after my first pair of shells - LWB Color 8. Been looking and looking at the color 8 captoe boots which seem fairly easy to get...but like the color 8 and black wingtip boots - also available...
    -- Where do we get the captoe with the brogueing (sp?) like you have? - can remember the name of your boot?
    -- Coveting the indy 403 and was at NEED SUPPLY CO in Richmond today - Nice store! - and saw the Wolverine 1000 mile boot in some diff colors - way tooooo many boots and too little time and wife approval.
    -- You have a great set of shoes - someone posted some cigar lwb earlier today - really looked great!
    -- Thanks for sharing.

8. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

I'll just second...sure!

once you acquire your second pair, you've gone down the point of no return. it will be a couple months max before you start longing for cigar...or ravello...and loafers and bluchers and then you are the old lady with cats

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

Hah, maybe once these are all well worn and getting resoled, I'll pick up some whiskey to keep me company.

Thanks, Mac. Will do.

I got the captoe boots from J Crew. My only wish is that they didn't have speed laces, but no big deal. The brogueing and Barrie last looks so good with jeans. In all honesty, I just boxed them up for an exchange. They came without the Alden box or dust bags, there were some weird wrinkles in the shell, it looked like someone had tried them on (slight creasing already), and some of the speed laces looked a little loose. So, I figured I should have some boots I'm happy with if I am going to spend that much. They're already sending another pair to me.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  10. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

I spoke with Bryan today - he said they are coming but wouldn't commit as to when - all he would say was that the pre-order was last summer, and that Alden was taking about a year to deliver -
    They are beautiful boots, IMHO; can't wait to get them -

11. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

yeah I never have luck with getting them in that size unless preordered. sucks!

12. advan031

advan031 Senior member

I want a LWB in Color 8 by Leffot with antique trim:) If anybody is selling them in 10D.

13. onestar

onestar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My Cigar Chukkas after a handful of wears. Starting to need the Mac Method. I really love the depth of colour that cigar offers. I ended up with 3 Aldens in cigar.

14. Atcmg8803

Atcmg8803 Member

First, I have seen the way you dress and i think you are spot on. I was young something stationoned in Panama a long time ago and I asked my supervisor, "How do you know how to cook?" He said I know what tastes I like so I cook with those spices."
    I think that is how I dress...I have LWB on Barrie (redundant?) and several pairs of Japanese selvage. I love the way the Barrie fits my foot and the heaviness of denim from Japan - my second homeland. I am from Seattle and love Filson so I try to incorporate an element of Filson in my outfits whenever possible because I am outdoorsman wanna be cowboy stuck in the city and loving it and driving an F250 to and from work - because - i just like it. Can't park it in NYC but that's why I stay in Stanton Island and take the free ferry - reminds me of Seattle - it just works.
    --- To answer your question, I wear my Aldens with denim and chinos for now in my free time. I buy Aldens (966 and LWB) that I hope to wear with suits or business casual someday soon when I start my new career - plan early, prepare properly and when in doubt, buy Alden.
    ---way past 1030 and toddler is still awake after a long day of traveling. Great day.

15. ibitegirls

ibitegirls Well-Known Member

hello friends, this is pair of burgundy wax indy's from TRES BIEN SHOP

i think i scored a good deal as you can see. these are my first boots and I love them so far. Only complaint is that the tongue on the left shoe slides sometimes if the laces are too tight, but this can be solved by not having the laces super tight. by far the best boots i've ever purchased, and i get looks from just about everyone [​IMG]

Alden - Indy Boot Burgundy Waxed Leather
    Size: US 9,5
    ald-fw11-0035
    USD 322.00
    Subtotal
    USD 322.00
    Shipping & Handling
    USD 10.00
    Grand Total
    USD 332.00

[​IMG]

16. localman

localman Senior member

How was J. Crew with the exchange? I have a pair of the captoe as well and two of the speed hooks are tearing out of the leather. This is pretty annoying though I did buy them from someone that bought them from J. Crew and thus don't have a receipt. The person I bought them from says that he got them maybe a month ago. I emailed Alden and they said to contact J. Crew and they would handle the return. I'm just wondering if I'm going to run into a stonewall at J. Crew for having no receipt.

Anyone have any experiences like this?

Here's a pic of one of the speed hooks:

[​IMG]

17. localman

localman Senior member

double post so I guess I'll throw up another pic of the boots.

[​IMG]

18. ibitegirls

ibitegirls Well-Known Member

localman
    Anyone have any experiences like this?

Here's a pic of one of the speed hooks:

Yes, shoes like that were posted in this thread in the earlier pages. What I heard was basically that you need to have these sent to Alden and do not send them to anyone that isn't official Alden repair shop. As far as JCREW giving you trouble, I think they will because how can they be certain you bought these through them? I would see if your friend can provide some kind of record or bank statement showing the purchase, or maybe it will show he purchased them on us account on JCREW.com? I would just call them and see what they recommend. hope this helps and good luck!

19. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I would think that the insole embossed w/ "Alden for J.Crew" should be enough for JCrew to know it's theirs...

20. localman

localman Senior member

Yeah I'm nor worried about them identifying it as a product that was initially purchased from their store it's more about how are they going to react to me not having a receipt. Anyway I guess I'll give a call to a store tomorrow and see what they say. I have another email outstanding to Alden as well looking for a bit more clarification. I'll see if that gives me anything to go on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.