1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

ooof, no worries. I do love it though, what I like about the natural trim is that if I want to go darker, wouldn't be too much of a chore, but the other way would be. I'm sure I'll darken the edges a bit as I wear them. How many wears do you say these soles have in em? Its like a triple leather...

2. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

They ARE unique and as long as you are happy with them who really cares right? Wear them in good health!:slayer:

1 person likes this.
  3. MickCollins1916

MickCollins1916 Senior member

New (to me, anyways; worn a handful of times previously) #8 shortwing bluchers with antiqued edgetrim from LSH. Very pleased with them.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Great transaction with Mr. Moo, btw. Good guy, good seller.

4. Atcmg8803

Atcmg8803 Member

NEW ALDEN MODEL: LWB slippers in Color 8. When my first pair of shells arrived I was real busy at work and had no time to wear them - I wear steel toed shoes at work - so my MAC Method lasted for about 3 weeks - Almost got to where I didn't want to wear them outside - just came home and put on jeans, Happy Socks and Aldens - ref New York Ranger's New Year's post about being in bed by 1030 (little ones fatigue) - ditto - too tired for outings sometimes! Also seen here is the little man rockin' bear slippers with a quasi crepe sole out in the "wild" - a special make up? This is a great shoe!
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

Nice looking shoe. I'm really fond of the short wing. I have the C&J for polo version, but might like to get in on the LS reorder. Any word on when those might reappear?

6. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

The more I see the #8 color I am convinced that I need to add a pair to my rotation.

7. Atcmg8803

Atcmg8803 Member

^ This Color 8 gets better and better each time I pull these shoes out. Love this color.

8. abam

abam Senior member

Just a heads up, JGilbert is doing a color 4/black shell saddle shoe and is taking pre-orders.

1 person likes this.
  9. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

Adam at A of C has always been very prompt in returning my emails with questions. I believe he's based in the pacific nw and we've had some bad weather this week, with a lot of people without power. could be he's incommunicado because of that. Or he's on vacation. I also think it's a one man show, as mentioned earlier.

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Looking very good. That is one classy "slipper" and those are great socks as well. Glad to hear you are enjoying your LWBs. And didn't I read something earlier about a special #4 shell bear slipper makeup on the flexwelt coming for the spring? With my luck it will only be available in toddler sizes. :)

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

+1 to this. Give him a chance. I believe he will respond to you and provide good service.

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

really tempted by the unlined #8 ptb ... someone buy my SF boots!

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

He responded almost immediately to me earlier this week. And instead of trying to sell me a shoe he knew wouldn't fit me well, he was honest about it and said he'd look into finding something that would work for me.

14. abam

abam Senior member

Quick sizing question: I measure between a 7.5 and a 8 on the Brannock device, so I've gone with a 7.5 in Barrie LWBs (the only Aldens I own). Everything seems to fit great, though there's about a finger's worth of room in the length of the shoe. Would you size down one, or would that be too snug of a fit?

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

finger soudns like a lot

you may need to size down a half size to 7. you could always order one and return it if it doesnt work assuming your not near somewhere that sells aldens

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  16. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

A fingers width should be good, also depends on the type of sock. I start out with a dress sock and after about five wears I can go thicker and I finally end at an all cotton sock, like gold toe...my foot is a 12d on bannock but the circumference of my foot is over 4.5 inches so I size 11.5 d trubalance and 12d on barrier and the length is roughly the same and fit is the same.. Some heal slip with dress socks none with cotton...

17. Atcmg8803

Atcmg8803 Member

Agree. Friends and fam are socked in up in NW. Don't know where he resides, but Adam has been a rockstar in answering all my mail. Keep trying.

18. Atcmg8803

Atcmg8803 Member

EDIT --- It looks like NEED SUPPLY has a 15% off sale going (edit here: on sale items) in store and online...the banner shows up when you go to the Aldens page. Suspect Aldens probably not on sale. Code is extra15.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  19. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Glad you got em, I was thinking long and hard, but would have had to sell something to fund it...and yes, Moo is stand up, I've had a few purchases from him, were always smooth, and the man has great style.
    SWEET! Glad to know I'm not the only one in bed early.

20. sazon

sazon Senior member

Rob - hope you're feeling better!
    I was in bed last night at 10:45 and couldn't have been happier. Plenty of hours to dream about Alden special make-ups. All that ended when the wife forgot to turn her alarm off last nite and I was awoken nice and early for no good reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.