• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosarti

Reaction score

10z5sau.jpg

whiskey lwb
argyles otc

Great look. I have the shoes..... Now I need the sox....

Marcellionheart

Reaction score

Well, finally made the trip to Alden SF, James handled me in the shop, no special make up in store.
However the black Indy boots has black neoprene sole, not the red ones.
Asked for personal custom order, they will handle it, $200 upcharge, 4-6 months lead time. Only regular calf and black / #8 cordovan.

Alden of Carmel has an interesting Black indy with commando soles ready for sale.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i was walking around in the office and couldnt help but notice how different the shoes look in various environments

Last edited:

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I'm a man I'm going to have a whole closet of Aldens to wear.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

idk i'd say broaden horizons so many cool things out there that are >Alden

seconded. however I will say Alden was my gateway drug to C&J, Rider, Trickers, JL, EG, shell cordovan, etc

Last edited:

Dinosarti

Reaction score

see below point

exactly Namor... exactly

I have a lot of high end shoes. I consider myself a bit of budding shoe-snob, but right now, I really like Alden. I am enjoying the 5 cordovan pairs I have collected recently. At some point I will fall in love with some else, I always do, but your comment is rather silly in a thread devoted to Alden. :)

kippy

Reaction score

I have a lot of high end shoes. I consider myself a bit of budding shoe-snob, but right now, I really like Alden. I am enjoying the 5 cordovan pairs I have collected recently. At some point I will fall in love with some else, I always do, but your comment is rather silly in a thread devoted to Alden. :)

Seconded. I can appreciate the look that some other shoes have in the artful abstract. But many of them look ridiculous on my feet and for a typical body frame. Alden shoes are a good compromise of style, substance, and practicality. The Leather Soul makeups are especially wonderful.

You can spend a lot more for shoes that are "higher end", but the quality/fit may not be worth that incremental price difference.

keithp3521

Reaction score

seconded. however I will say Alden was my gateway drug to C&J, Rider, Trickers, JL, EG, shell cordovan, etc

Hey, Namor, where do you get Trickers in the US? And how do you think they stack up to Alden?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads