***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Just a heads up to anyone that keeps an eye on the seconds lists from The Shoemart. I was talking to Joe today about a new order and he said the new e-mails should go out in about 2-3 weeks.

2. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

I like my brown ones better than the natty, but I wouldn't wear during heavy winter/snow. Get a custom made White's boots or Wesco boots.
    The Indy will survive through the winter but too much maintenance is needed.

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Nice, thanks for the heads up. I just got myself added to their seconds list, so I'll stay on the lookout for that.

4. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Where are you getting the Natural Indys on commando? I would be seriously interested in that. I would really appreciate a heads up. Thanks.

5. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

I got my 405s back from Bnelson having resoled them to an English commando sole which has much thicker lugs than the stock Alden commando sole. The old sole had worn out. Pics below. They are very shiny again but they'll dull again once I put some wear on them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Looking sharp Mac!

7. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

I only apply stuff once in a while... like maybe every 3 months. Sometimes if I get a bad scuff I'll rub a little cream in to keep it nice.

I wouldn't use cream and wax at the same time. I think that it would be too much. My opinion is to just wax from time to time if you want a little shine and nourish every few months.

Also, brush off the dirt frequently

Have fun!

8. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

That's a repair worthy of a sketchy shoe repair/key cutting place, not something you'd expect when sending faulty boots back to the manufacturer for warranty. My own Alden QC episode is a few pages back; I ended up exchanging the wingtips for a pair of Alpine Perf Tip boots. The boots aren't perfect, but I kept them anyway because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of another return.
    Def. QC issues with Alden. Customer service? They have none. If anyone has a positive cs experience to share, I'd sure like to know about it because I don't recall ever reading anything of the sort.

9. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Well, last year I broke some laces on my new-ish indy's, I called Alden and left a message, got a call back within a few hours, and I had replacement laces in my hands three days later, free of charge. Sometimes, it's the little things, I guess?

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

thank you

11. CWJr

CWJr Member

Leffot preorder.

12. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Thanks...I just emailed Steven to try to get on the preorder. Much appreciated.

13. Chicagobred

Chicagobred Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with Alden's burgundy calfskin leather? I just noticed that Blackbird restocked the Alden short wing blucher in burgundy calf. I already have a long wing in brown, and my wardrobe could use a burgundy colored shoe. Is there a place for burgundy calf in a world when we know that color 8 cordovan is out there? Is there any place out there to get a color 8 short wing?

[​IMG]

14. harrythedog

harrythedog Well-Known Member

leather soul has a #8 short wing coming out this fall, hopefully! there was a pre order back in january. check their page for more details... if your a d width, it's prolly not too late as they were planning to order a full run for their store's

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.