1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Whoa - just went on shoemart to oogle over my future Chromexcel Indy's, and the price has gone from $435 to $468. Is this that price jump that was being anticipated?

2. rmspawn

rmspawn Senior member

Check out Unionmade Goods. They're still $435 on their website.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

+1. Mac is relaxing at a Starbucks with his Plaza lasted black wingtip boots. Those are sweeter than a caramel latte with whipped cream and caramel sauce.

1 person likes this.
  4. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Nope.

5. Trinitrogen Oxide

Trinitrogen Oxide Active Member

I'm trying to find some brown calf longwings to wear casually, but all I'm finding are shell. Winn Perry seems to have almost the exact ones I'm looking for, but this was back in 2009

http://winnperry.com/updates/alden-winn-perry/

I'm not quiet prepared to upgrade to shell just for the color I want, so am I just SOL?

6. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

^ The J Crew version is similar...solid shoe

7. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

What do people do on the Grant last? Same as Barrie or are they TTS? How is the fit compared to the Leydon last? It's right in the middle on the Alden Sizing Chart. I'm thinking about ordering the Grant lasted captoe boots in #8 from Shoemart before the price increase and then calling it quits for a while.

8. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

This question comes up quite often. I recommend ordering 1/2 size up from your Barrie size. So if you are a 9E on the Barrie, I'd go with a 9.5E on the Grant. Keep in mind that the toe box onthe Grant is more tapered than the Barrie so you will want to factor that in when making your decision.

9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Go up either one width size or one length size. I am a 10D in in Barrie, I wear a 10E in Aberdeen and Grant. The Tremont is the "last last" on the sizing chart that I would say size down from TTS on, and I barely fit into the 10D Tremont.

10. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

from Fore Supply Co, new lifetime supply of Venetian Shoe Creme. recommended by Nick Horween for shell.

[​IMG]

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Has anyone used both Saphir Reno and Venetian Shoe Cream? I'm a big Saphir fan but there are a lot of Venetian proponents as well. My tub of Saphir is almost done, thinking about trying out Venetian...

12. makewayhomer

I haven't used both, but I've heard good enough things about the Venetian (from good sources) that at the price I paid, my gut says it's a great value. I paid a total of $29 (inc. shipping) for 32 ounces. That's about what 2.5 ounces of reno costs :)

13. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Is the shoe in that picture the AE Leeds? If so, how does the heel width of the #1 last compare with the Barrie?

14. makewayhomer

no, it's an old model from AE called the Bristol. however, I am pretty sure these are on the #1 last. I have these in 8.5E, in 8.5 E on Barrie my heel is swimming. I either need 8E Barrie or 8.5D Barrie

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  15. seer

seer Senior member

Try these though they have the crepe all weather soles - which I personally like:

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...smooth/pvc-ald-mxs-97720_ald_m_long_wing.html

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  16. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

Loved the look of Aldens for a long time, but Ive got such a weird foot Ive been hesitant to order any online. Got a voucher to order my first pair for Christmas and went to get fitted for some yesterday. They are ordering me an 8E in the 403 Indy. Guy said it could be a week or 48 weeks before they got here depending on if they were in stock or they had to make them. Anybody here got a better answer from experience? Or will I maybe be getting them in December 2012? Hah

17. applky

applky Senior member

I use both on my shell -- Renovateur regularly for moisturizing, Venetian when a high shine is desired (less often). A good way to go. Either way, your shell will shine very nicely. Venetian will also moisturize your shell; Renovateur just does a better job and is, in my opinion, more suitable as a regular treatment.

18. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

Just bought the Day trippers this weekend. Got 1/2 size up from Barrie. They feel slightly on the longer side, but the width is perfect. I think the same size as barrie may be too snug. I think optimal is probably one width wider than barrie, but same length.

19. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

Thanks! I know exactly where that is, I'll look them up

20. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

:nodding:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.