***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

I have been trying to get traction for a whiskey (or cigar) longwing boot order over on the Alden MTO thread for quite some time on the Plaza/Grant/Leydon last on a commando sole for quite some time, but it seems everyone wants Barrie or thinks the longwing boot is too 'fancy'. A chorus from here might be helpful in getting that done.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

^^ i don't know where to begin inquiring on such things. Leathersoul? Leffot? Alden direct? i didn't follow the MTO thread. call me crazy, but i'm not a huge fan of ravello or whiskey. cigar for me.

3. beowolf

beowolf Senior member

Now that I have sold my black cordovan boots, I am back to square one and looking for boot that is proper for my feet.

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

I missed out on the cigar pit boot. :bored:

4. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

I have spoken to Mike at Epaulet and he would be willing to put an order through for us if I can get 6 to 8 folks agreed to a preorder. Bdeuce, if you want just a cigar wingtip boot on Barrie, Epaulet is getting their Brixton boot in Cigar on the Barrie in October. I would prefer a sleeker last so hoping to drum up some interest in a preorder.

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

You can count me in for an order, but has Alden ever actually made a longwing boot?
    Here's a Tricker's LW boot to help imagine.
    [​IMG]

6. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Grant last might work for you.

7. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

I wish more retailers would utilize the Grant last - from what I have seen it looks quite nice.

8. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Grant last is definitely growing on me. Here's my humble family portrait. Cigar captoe boot on grant last is on the left. All others are on the barrie last.
    [​IMG]

9. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

I have spoken to Mike at Epaulet and he would be willing to put an order through for us if I can get 6 to 8 folks agreed to a preorder. Bdeuce, if you want just a cigar wingtip boot on Barrie, Epaulet is getting their Brixton boot in Cigar on the Barrie in October. I would prefer a sleeker last so hoping to drum up some interest in a preorder. [/quote]

Good to know about that cigar boot coming through; we should try and compile an advent calendar of custom alden make-ups. Though it would be pretty similar, i've always wanted a cigar shell, commando soled, jumper boot on the barrie last. The toe box on the grant bothers me a little...maybe too pointed at the tip.

Cigar short wing bluchers would also be pretty sexy (see ravello make up for leather sole)

10. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior member

lagsun...which do you wear/like more chukka or PTB in shell cordovan 8? I know they are both on barrie...do they fit the same? Is the J.Crew chukka same as Alden in #8?

Great groupBTW.

JT

11. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Good to know about that cigar boot coming through; we should try and compile an advent calendar of custom alden make-ups. Though it would be pretty similar, i've always wanted a cigar shell, commando soled, jumper boot on the barrie last. The toe box on the grant bothers me a little...maybe too pointed at the tip.

Cigar short wing bluchers would also be pretty sexy (see ravello make up for leather sole)[/quote]

I am happy to put together a google doc with upcoming preorders, etc. and provide access to people who request it. Let me know via pm if that sounds like a good idea. People who have access can just fill in the information as they have it. That Jumper boot sounds awesome...if only we could agree on a non-Barrie last. :embar: I have grown to dislike the blobbiness of Barrie and Trubalance, even though I have multiple pairs on those lasts and still happily wear them. If I add to my collection, I would want it on a preferred last. :D

12. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Of the two #8 shoes, I currently like the PTB more but maybe because it's newer. The # 8 Chukkas were my first Alden shoe and were from the ShoeMart seconds list. Even though the Chukka and PTB are both 8.5D on the barrie last, I find the Chukka has the roomiest fit of all my shoes. My brown calf wingtip boot and the brown CXL pitt boot are also 8.5D on the barrie and they are snugger in the forefoot.

13. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Sent 3 pairs of shoes & boots to Alden Restoration back in May - I received one pair last week and one pair today. Both screwed up! What's the Vegas line that the third pair isn't what I want? Ugh!

14. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

FYI, Alden does not have a longing boot pattern available.

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

what did they do? or didn't do?

I agree with chrk33 about the Grant last. I'm done with Blobby Barrie.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.