• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Markintosh

Reaction score
The real answer is both haha. I love the 180 as well and got to dial my size in on some Westons last year in Japan since its basically impossible here in the US. Hope to be picking up a 180 this year. I think its just as classic as Aldens LHS.
You can buy JMW 180 in the US, you just have to email the boutique in Limoges, they send a payment link, but be prepared to probably have to return at least one pair in an exchange to find right size (See the JMW thread - lots if sizing discussions). The deal from start to finish will probably take 3 to 4 weeks. They stop working on Friday afternoon, closed on weekends, and come back Monday in afternoon, so email is slow, but if you want a pair, it's possible. One trick on price, if you sign up for an account at the main site, even though you can't order and ship to the U.S. - you'll get emails when they have sales, I just got one recently, and the main 180 loafer dropped from 770E to somewhere around 650E...

kubalondon

Reaction score
S
You can buy JMW 180 in the US, you just have to email the boutique in Limoges, they send a payment link, but be prepared to probably have to return at least one pair in an exchange to find right size (See the JMW thread - lots if sizing discussions). The deal from start to finish will probably take 3 to 4 weeks. They stop working on Friday afternoon, closed on weekends, and come back Monday in afternoon, so email is slow, but if you want a pair, it's possible. One trick on price, if you sign up for an account at the main site, even though you can't order and ship to the U.S. - you'll get emails when they have sales, I just got one recently, and the main 180 loafer dropped from 770E to somewhere around 650E...
So for now ordered LHS colour 8 - this was the last pair available in my size. Difficult to say when I will see them next time in London. JMW boutique is here so I can always buy their loafers.

In terms of sizing, read more about heel slippage from Alden directly and think I would resort to tongue pads on my smaller foot or a thin insole, if really needed down the line. The latter probably less effective as makes the shoe even shallower.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve actually gone down that road before and it’s too much of a hassle since Weston has its own sizing that doesn’t really correlate with other brands. Better to just go to a boutique in person than deal with back and forth shipping. It is a shame the nyc boutique closed around Covid though as that would have been local for me.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On my way up to have Father's Day dinner with the fam, stopped in to see Mack at Brogue. Chatted about future make-ups and discussed the backlog on hand-sewn models. This steered my attention to his NST "Chiron" Tanker boot in humus suede which has always been an interesting boot to me, but I never paid it much attention. He had my size in stock so I tried them on.
1000011553.jpg

1000011554.jpg

1000011555.jpg

Went ahead and had him ring me up! Love the color of humus suede and wish more make-ups were made with this material.

Markintosh

Reaction score
S

So for now ordered LHS colour 8 - this was the last pair available in my size. Difficult to say when I will see them next time in London. JMW boutique is here so I can always buy their loafers.

In terms of sizing, read more about heel slippage from Alden directly and think I would resort to tongue pads on my smaller foot or a thin insole, if really needed down the line. The latter probably less effective as makes the shoe even shallower.
Thomas @ 92 Jermyn Street is my favorite salesperson ever! So patient - I've ordered 6 pairs of shoes from him over the last 2 years...all custom orders placed from here in the US...You're lucky to have such a great collection of shoe makers right there to choose from.

slows2k

Reaction score

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn those look AMAZING in your pics. Maybe I should go back to Brogue and look again...
Mack said his best sellers are NST Tanker boots. When I asked about restocks, he said these probably won't get restocked for a year or two. I was worried it would be longer cause of the backlog on handsewn models, so I grabbed my size (last one in stock).

Markintosh

Reaction score
More pics of my latest pickup. Quick Renovatuer and Invulner treatment with some GG thin round laces for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!
View attachment 2201123
View attachment 2201125
View attachment 2201127
View attachment 2201133
View attachment 2201137
View attachment 2201141
Those are beautiful - I love suede - do you find that the Saphir Medaille d'Or Suede Renovateur spray darkens the contrast stitching? I tape off the sides of my shoes when I use it...I LOVE the stuff, the other day I looked at the Saphir site, and it appears they have increased the numbers of colors from 5 to 15 or more...it's almond oil and pigment...good stuff...great looking boots...the vamp in suede creases very little, so you don't get that cordovan roll...

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are beautiful - I love suede - do you find that the Saphir Medaille d'Or Suede Renovateur spray darkens the contrast stitching? I tape off the sides of my shoes when I use it...I LOVE the stuff, the other day I looked at the Saphir site, and it appears they have increased the numbers of colors from 5 to 15 or more...it's almond oil and pigment...good stuff...great looking boots...the vamp in suede creases very little, so you don't get that cordovan roll...
I mainly use neutral conditioners (for shell and suede). For these, however, I did have some medium brown Renovatuer spray, but I don't mask off any of the stitching. I believe the split to stitching is waved string and doesn't dye, same with the welt stitches (but I could be mistaken).

kbuzz

Reaction score
Of course they didn’t. The only thing worse than the inconsistent quality of his work is the very consistent subpar customer service. No way those shoes should have been shipped like that. No way you should be 3 weeks into a reach out and have yet to receive a response.
Can someone offer an excellent b Nelson alternative for a resole? Either for mail in or in nyc .

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gigsdr3ss@